Saturday, 23 July 2011

CASE Study #49 and PDCC #91

Hello!

Well, the housework won out to start this week-end. I am hoping to get some more time to stamp tomorrow, but for today it is just one project.  On the topic of housework, if anyone out there invents a "doggy vacuum cleaner" let me know. Here is the concept - my shaggy Spoodle (aka a Cockerpoo outside of Australia) "Coco" walks in the door from outside into a chamber which sucks all the dirt, dust, leaves, grass, and sticks off her before she can exit the chamber and enter the house. Do you know, I actually vacuumed the downstairs hallway twice today! Now that's ridiculous, especially since it already looks like it did before the first vacuum, argh!

Today I was working on The Playdate Cafe Challenge #91, which is Black, White, and a splash of ONE other colour.

At the same time, I was working on CASE Study #49.  I have so many ideas for this CASE Study, but I may not get to them all. What I've created today isn't exactly what I  initially had in mind, so I might give it another go! This is the muse card (gorgeous, isn't it?):


With this card, I was struck by the geometric pattern and did a dig through my box of stamps to try to find something that could work in the same way. I discovered I am short on symmetrical stamps, so I decided to go Christmas and use my snowflakes.

Here is my card:

I originally did a more colourful version, but then I decided the amount of red I'd used didn't really qualify as a "splash" of red. I'll show it to you anyway, and let me know which one you prefer.

This is the other card:
What I used (all SU):
Ink: Basic Black
Card: Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black
Stamps: Snow Swirled

For those of you curious about what my shaggy doggy looks like, here's Coco:


So what do you think?  I love hearing your thoughts.

Michelle
xxx

10 comments:

Cassandra said...

Love, love, love it (and Coco too), the perfect amount of red in the first card but love the second too. Want to have a go at black and white with a touch of something but haven't quite decided on the something.

Aimes said...

I'm in geometric Heaven with this card!!! A fab design for the CASE study - thank you so much for joining us!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

timepasshobbies said...

Beautiful! Awesome take on the muse card and lovely pop of red! :)

Tracey said...

LOVE them both Michele, but I do prefer the one with more black :) works perfectly for the "splash" of colour! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Andrea Ewen said...

2 beautiful takes on one lovely design! I do like the black center one better (although they're both great)...I think the sentiment panel is more clearly defined by the black. Just my 2¢. :)
Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges and the Play Date Cafe!

Theresa said...

Both of your cards are fabulous. I do like the first one it seems to be more of a statement. Beautiful stamping.

Fiona said...

Michelle I like them equally both the same! They are a really striking use of the design :) thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

Lisa said...

I like both of your takes on the card!!! And Coco looks like a ball of furry fun :)

Jinny Newlin said...

This is beautiful! And just the bit of chill with those snowflakes that we all need to get through this heat wave! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, how awesome is this??!