Sunday, 7 August 2011

Another CASE Study!

Hello!

I'm loving this week's CASE Study Challenge, I wish I had more time to make cards, I think I could go on forever! 

This time I am using the colours from this week's ColourQ Challenge:

My second CASE muse is Cristina, with this card:

Unfortunately, I didn't come anywhere close to the elegance of Cristina's original, so I think I might need to practice and make some more, because I just LOVE this card, and it is actually fairly easy to make.  For me, I need to either shrink the size of my card, or increase the size of my butterfly, I think. . . what do you think? I thought of adding extra butterflies (since I don't have a bigger butterfly right now), but couldn't work out how to keep the simplicity and do that. You should have seen me physically holding myself back from adding "extra bits" to this card, LOL!
This card uses all Stampin' Up! products. Basic Grey designer paper, Bashful Blue card and spongeing around sentiment, Tempting Turquoise card, Old Olive ink. Stamps are from: Organic Grace, All a Flutter, Sweet Little Sentiments. I also used 2 2/8" and 1 3/4" scallop circle punches.

I actually really like how these two scallop circles work together, they make a really pretty aperture in the paper.  I don't think the photo shows so well that the grey and turquoise is popped up, but in real life it looks lovely.

What do you think?

Michelle
xxx

12 comments:

Arlene said...

Love your CASEd card! The colors are gorgeous together!

Jenny said...

A fab CASE Michelle and the PP choice is very eye-catching too :) It's fine as it is because the butterfly is in proportion to the scallop circle...you could try a smaller card to see what you think!
Jenny x

Anita S. said...

Wonderful use of the colors, love the card. Thanks for playing along with is at ColourQ this week!

kelly said...

I love your version, The colour combo is gorgeous!
Kelly xx

Sylvia said...

Very pretty card,Michelle! Love the butterfly and dragonfly! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous! The colors you used are amazing together and the window technique came out perfectly! A great CASE of Cristina's card! Thanks for joining our celebration at CASE Study!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely creation!!!

Sian Ridley said...

Oh, I tried to CASE one of Cristina's cards yesterday and it went so well its now residing in the bin!! Well done on making yours just as pretty as Cristina's - not too jealous - MUCH! :)

Debby said...

I love the colours you used Michelle! I think you did a grand job of Cristina's card and you shouldn't give yourself such a hard time! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Cristina said...

What are you talking about? Your version looks awesome! I'm so flattered that you chose one of my cards! And yay for apertures! Thanks for joining in our big celebration at CASE Study!

Sue Kohler said...

I love your take on Cristina's card, a brilliant balance of colours and lovely sentiment!
Thanks for playing along with our birthday extravaganza and making it a celebration to remember! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh how very lovely! You make Cristina proud with your take :) Thank you so much for joining in our Anniversary festivities! :)