Thursday, 11 August 2011

A CASE Study with Luminous Layers

Hello!

Sometimes I see an inspiration challenge and think straight away - oh, I just have to respond to that one!  Well, with this week's Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World, I first thought, "Oh, I want that dress!", and then thought, "I HAVE to respond to this challenge!"  This is the inspiration photo (pretty, isn't it?):


I have a couple of ideas. Both the same sort of concept.  This first idea is also responding to CASE Study #52 this week, where we have been asked to find an entry from a former challenge and CASE that person.  Because I wanted to make a Christmas card, I went looking in December last year and came up with a card by Andrea Matthews over at Work in Progress.  This is her card here:
It's beautiful, isn't it?

This is my card here:

And another photo:


And a bit of a close up to show you the sparkly, shimmery background and the layered tree:

To make this card, I used (almost all SU):  A 1" circle punch and punched out lots of little circles from lots of pieces of patterned paper.  I edged those with Chocolate Chip ink to mirror the chocolate brown stitching on the dress. I layered the circles to mimic the layers of the dress. The very vanilla cardstock I sponged with crumb cake ink around the outsides and then edged with chocolate chip. I matted on chocolate chip cardstock and the card base is old olive. The shimmer mist is champagne colour. The ribbon is old olive taffeta.

I'm really liking this card. I think it reflects both Andrea's card and the trigger dress in just the right ways. Of course, I think I'm going to have to go back and CASE Andrea's card again. It is a beauty and I love the techniques she used.

So what do you think?

Michelle
xxx

15 comments:

Crafty Cre8tions said...

These are terrific!! Love your take on the Trigger!!
Maria

Yvonne Garner said...

Great interpretation!

Jenny said...

I think this is just smashing Michelle and i could tell from the thumbnail this was for the Tuesday Trigger. I love that photo too and wiil have to get my idea into paper soon :)
Love how you CASE'd Andrea's card too!
Jenny x

Andrea M said...

This card is AWESOME Michelle!! I LOVE the inspiration photo and your take, with all the fabulous layered circles! Such a GORGEOUS card!!!
Thanks so much for the wonderful shout out!!! You really made my day!

Tara Bilbao said...

I love your interpretation of the dress, but I REALLY love your Spoodle:). Thank you for you kind comments which led me to your fabulous blog!

Vicky Hayes said...

A perfect take on the inspiration photo and what a great idea to layer the circles like that!

Kelly Massman said...

Came over from Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger! Love the colorful tree!

Cath said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Julie said...

This made a great Christmas tree, I love it!

Victoria said...

What a cool take. Great Moxie & Case combo! Love that high riding ribbon too.
Take care, Vicki victorialavender.net

Katie Gehring said...

What a great interpretation of the trigger! Your card is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Emsworth Girl said...

So gorgeous, creative and cheerful! Wish this was in my postbox!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a clever card! Love the idea...and you've executed it perfectly! A wonderfully "cozy" Christmas card and a fabulous CASE of Andrea's card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, how totally clever! This card is a winner in my book!

Aimes said...

What a fabulous take on the Trigger AND of Andrea's card!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x