Friday, 19 August 2011

CASEing Chupa in Yellow

Hello!

Over at CASE Study this week, we have been challenged to CASE Chupa.  Chupa invited us to look through her blog to choose something to CASE. I was wandering through her CAS-ify Me posts when my eldest daughter popped by to look over my shoulder. I happened to be on this week's post, and my daughter started "Ooh-ing" and "Ahh-ing" over Chupa's old card that she had CASEd herself this week.  When I asked her what it was that she liked about the card, she told me it was the embossed dots, the repeated pattern, and the ribbon.  So I had my CASE subject chosen for me by my gorgeous girl asking for "a card like that".

I decided that I would change the colours to those from this week's CR84FN challenge:
This would have to be one of my favourite colour combinations, probably because yellow is my favourite colour.

This is Chupa's card (and you can also see her CASE of this same card on her blog):

Even though my daughter just loves that embossing, I have a small limitation in my stamping equipment, I don't have a embossing/die cut machine. . . so I made my own texture by punching hearts, edging them in white and sticking them down. I moved my sentiment up onto the white panel (and I promise it is much  more visible in real life), and I used small pearls instead of the big flower.  Here is my version:
All products on this one are Stampin' Up! Colours are Crumb Cake (Kraft) and Daffodil Delight. The image is from Circle Circus (love that set). The sentiment is Curly Cute.

My daughter ran out the door at top speed at 6.30am this morning, racing to basketball practice, so she hasn't seen this yet.  I think she'll like it.

What do you think?

Michelle
xxx

16 comments:

Annette said...

I think your daughter will love it...

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card... i think your daughter will be so pleased with it!

Cassandra said...

I think she will love it, knowing her, and it is stunning. The hearts look amazing and I am in awe of your patience.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, I absolutely LOVE your hearts at the bottom! It's a technique that I really should try and so more, it really packs a punch!
I also love your choice of colours and the lovely background stamping. I'm so happy that you played along this week, and honoured to see your take on my card! :)

Lisa said...

Love your knot bow and the sweet rows of embossed hearts!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty! Love the embossed hearts with the touch of white and the stamped background looks darling! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

whoistracy said...

This is so cute! I love the soft yellow color and the pearls on either side of the sentiment.

Sian Ridley said...

Aaah, we chose the same card to CASE this week - what are the chances?!! It would seem your daughter has good taste :)

I really like those hearts - they look great! Being a crafter with limited supplies also (compared to many anyway!) I believe that it makes us more creative when it comes to finding ways around a problem! We have to think of ways to create an effect without necessarily having the 'right' tools for the job. I think you've done a superb job :)

Those colours look wonderful together too - did your daughter like it?! :)

Marie said...

Such a pretty card. I love how you highlighted the embossed heart background

Andrea M said...

So gorgeous Michelle! You chose a beautiful card to CASE and your take on it is LOVELY!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

Suzanne Russell said...

ooh! Love the yellow and kraft! Great job on the case!

Jean Martin said...

What a sweet card! I love the raised hearts! Gorgeous! So glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Wishcraft said...

Great card :o) Love the colours and the hearts look fab. Lisa x

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love your faux embossed hearts...what a cool idea! The whole card looks fab.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Michelle. Love the faux embossed panel... just perfect. :o)

Sue Kohler said...

Absolutely stunning, love the combo of lemon with the craft! this is a beautiful CAS tribute!
Thanks for sharing with us at CASE study this week! :)