Friday, 5 August 2011

CASEing Lime Doodle

Hello!

I have had a fun morning! Apart from the usual "Mum" duties and housework, I have spent some time playing with colour and design while responding to CASE Study #51, using The Play Date Cafe colours.

This week at CASE Study, it is their anniversary blog hop.  I'm halfway through hopping, and so far it is well worth the ride. There is some awesome work to check out. This week's challenge is to choose one of the DT to CASE.  Lucky for me, one of the people who totally inspires me every time she posts her work is on this team - Debby at Lime Doodle.

The colours over at The Play Date Cafe for Challenge 93 are delicious this week.  Some of my favourite colours in the whole wide world!

The card I am CASEing is this one here:

With my card, I really tried to keep the same clean and simple feel, but I think I've managed to load it up a bit more than Debby does. I'm going to keep on casing Debby, because there is a lot to learn for me in her work!  Here is my effort:

Now this looks really easy, but it is essentially a one-layer card with a little bit of decoration, so when you make a boo-boo, you have to start again. . . I'll show you later.  What I used: SU patterned papers (retired), PTI sentiment (Botanical Silhouettes), Jane's Doodles image stamps (Garden Friends), Build a Cupcake punch (clouds), Derwent Inktense pencils (my new LOVE), Memento Tuxedo black ink (my other new love).

So back to the boo-boo, which I am showing you, because I've sparked more ideas for even CLEANER cards, and I thought you might like a look at the card pre- paper-piecing. The mistake is the up hill sentiment, LOL.  In my eyes, this card is almost perfect all nude like this. A tiny tweak here and there (and a straight sentiment), and this would be ready to give away.

So what do you think?

Michelle
xxx

9 comments:

Kara said...

cute cute cute!!

Debby said...

Oh Michelle, I'm beyond delighted you picked one of my cards to CASE! And you've outdone yourself - this cutie is gorgeous!

Wishcraft said...

Aww how cute :o) Fab card :o) Lisa x

Tracy said...

Very cutes cards :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Fabulous CASE Michelle...the colors from the PDCC are right on and your design is a wonderful CASE of Debby's original...with your awesome spin, of course! Thanks for celebrating with us at CASE Study!

Darcy said...

Love this. Sometimes simple is the best way to go. Thanks for joining us at the Cafe this week.

Lisa said...

Great CAS card...FUN!!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a fabulous CASE! Thank you so much for joining in our Anniversary festivities! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! I love how you made that second card---you are right, it's almost nude! I am constantly adding too much on my cards/creations! LOL! Super fun!!! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)