Friday, 21 October 2011

Case Study #62 & PDCC #104

Hello!

This card is a response to two irresistible challenges. Case Study #62 and The Play Date Cafe Challenge #104.

The colour scheme over at  The Play Date Cafe this week is:
Yummo!

Case Study's muse this month is Niki Estes, and just about every time I see a new creation by Niki, my jaw drops open in awe. While I am totally intimidated at the idea of even trying to copy Niki, I aspire to be able to create such beautiful cards, so here I am, giving it a go, LOL.  Niki's card is this one:
And my card is this one:
I stuck pretty close to Niki's original design. I liked her design a lot. I really struggled finding a sentiment that would work. I truly am in short supply in sentiments, I must invest in more.

Here is a different angle:


What I used:
Stamps: Pretty Peonies (Jane's Doodles), PTI Botanical Blooms, PTI Outlines Alphabet, SU! A Little Treat, Hero Arts Flowers and Dots...yes, I think I tried to use as many stamp brands as possible, LOL.
Card: SU! Old Olive, Barely Banana, Pale Plum
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Pure Plum, Elegant Eggplant

So what do you think?

Michelle
xxx

8 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is super! YOu've nailed that CASE, and I like the background stamp you used. THanks for playing with us on our 2nd anniversary at The Play Date Cafe. :)

Jenny said...

Fabulous CASE Michelle, love the overlapping sentiment and that gorgeous Peony :)
I'm still working on this CASE study.
Jenny x

Jay Gee said...

You did a wonderful job with the CASE Michelle, this looks really lovely :)

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous, I adore the purple flower with the green...very sweet...hope you have a super day!

enjoy *~*

Harmony Paper Arts said...

Hi, Michelle, This card is darling! I LOVE how that background stamp looks.

Thanks so much for your comments on my blog (and very helpful hint about links!).

Katherine

Suzanne Russell said...

Great job-I always shrink away from purple, but so enjoy seeing it used. Very pretty take on the challenge.

Mynnette said...

Simply marvelous! :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

Oh my, love how you used the colors and I adore that gorgeous background. Thank you so much for joining The Play Date Cafe on its 2nd Anniversary!