Friday, 13 January 2012

Clean and Simple Day 4, and CASE Study

Hello!

Clean and Simple Card Classes sure are keeping me busy!  Lucky I've been on holidays this week. I'm not sure how creative I'll be next week when I'm back at work.  Day 4 is all about using your stamps in different ways, it's called "1 stamp, 3 ways".  I did two cards I was happy with, then I tried to squeeze out that third card, and with no time my inspiration evaporated. I'll show it to you anyway, you know me, I'll show you my flops as well as my successes. :-)

I am also entering my first card into CASE Study #73, because the inspiration for the card came directly from Jen Rzasa's card, which is here:
My card is this one:
This is a much more direct translation from the original. I don't think you have to look hard to find what inspiration points I took from Jen's card, LOL!

The two cards I am happy with for Clean and Simple Card Class are these two:
Here is a close-up of the second one:
Edited to add: I finally found where my inspiration came from for this little graphic card. I knew the idea was not my own, but I couldn't remember where I saw it. It was Maile Belles, of course! Take a look at her version here.

And here is the poor old third card, which was rushed out, and will go into my daughter's miscellaneous cards box (where she digs when she wants to send a card). It's cute, she'll like it. :-)
I used PTI Background Basics: Circles - in the first card as a background with a bit of a patterned paper effect; in the second card as a design element; and in the third card as the grass under Mr Snail. The images on the third card are Jane's Doodles Garden Friends. Colours used in all three cards are: SU! Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana (retired), and Memento Tuxedo Black. White cardstock is PTI White. Twine is from The Twinery.

I'm really enjoying these classes. They are stretching me to think creatively in a different way, every day.  I like that. I love CAS, and I'd love to be GREAT at CAS. :-)

Michelle
xxx

14 comments:

Anne-Marie Stephanides said...

Don't be so hard on yourself - your cards are fab!

Gayatri said...

Love all of them Michelle! Especially the circle background stamped with colours in a graphic design. Great work :) Pinned it :)

cutiephinphin said...

lovely cards! Love how you used the negative die cuts. Didn't realize PTI Background Basics: Circles is so lovely... gonna put it in my wish list. Ha...

Linda said...

BEAUTIFUL Michelle! Love your cards!

Chunyuan said...

gorgeous cards. love the way you used the dot and circle background.

Susan Raihala said...

I just love all of these cards! That PTI circles set is so versatile and fun to play with, and you've given me some ideas!

Jen W. said...

A fabulous trio of cards! I especially like the design you created on the second one.

T to the Essa said...

I'm loving all of these cards. Really! I dunno why you don't like the third one, I think it's awesome. Maybe because it's a little cartoony? That doesn't seem to be your style, but I think it works!

Julie Hoffman said...

These are all BEAUTIFUL!!!!

kingstonmama said...

It looks likes you've been having fun with the CAS online class. These are wonderful. I like your use of negative die cuts and the design you created on the second one. Your cute snail card is fabulous, too! :) ann

Rochelle said...

I LOVE the heart card!!! Great job Michelle!!!

Maureen said...

they are all fabulous!! LOVE the hearts instead of butterflies!! Oh, I wish I had taken that course, but I could never keep up! Maybe I'll take one in the summer ;)

Teneale Williams said...

Fabulous cards, I really love the hearts card.

cbuswell said...

Stunning cards! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!