Saturday, 28 January 2012

Rainbows - CASE Study 75 and Runway Inspired 4

Hello!

Sometimes it takes me a while to come up with an idea. It floats around in my head for days... and days... and days... and I can't figure out how to make it work. Those of you who visit regularly, and who see my comments on other people's cards, will know that I love rainbows. I really, really do. But for some reason, when it comes to making a rainbow-inspired card, it takes me FOREVER to work out a concept!  This is the case with Runway Inspired Challenge #4. I saw the inspiration photograph and thought "Woo hoo! Rainbows!". That was almost two weeks ago now, LOL! I almost missed the deadline. This is the inspiration:
If I thought I could get away with it, I would wear this dress. It is so bright and happy, and I LOVE those fluoro green shoes, LOL! (Those of you who know me in real life will be aware that I am very conservative with my clothing colours that I actually wear, so this might surprise you).

Then along came CASE Study #75, and my idea started gelling together. The inspiration card is by Jennifer Rzasa, and it is one I always loved. This is it:
When I've thought of CASEing this one previously, I have thought of a more direct CASE, pretty much copying, really. :-)  BUT, my limited number of BIG sentiments and colourful twine has so far prevented that direct CASE, and I have been forced to think a bit more laterally about how this card inspires me.  So for me it is - one layer, colourful, lines, twine, simple sentiment.

And this is what I came up with:
The photo is a bit fuzzy, the light here today is more grey than white. It is still raining here in Brisbane, sigh!

One layer PTI white cardstock. PTI Flower Fusion #11. SU! inks: old olive, real red, pumpkin pie, daffodil delight, bashful blue, perfect plum. Memento Tuxedo Black. Twinery Twine.

That was my actually second card made this morning. The first one didn't grab me, so I tried again. I still like the first one, but the second one I like better.  Here is the first:
I used certainly celery instead of old olive in this one, and the open flowers combined with the lighter green created a much softer feeling card than I was aiming for with these two challenges. Still worth showing you, but not my entry. :-)

I'm also entering this over at Simon Says Stamp where this week it is Anything Goes.

Thanks for popping by to look at my cards!

Michelle
xxx

20 comments:

Pauline said...

These are both lovely, I like the softness of the outline images on your first attempt and the slightly bolder feel with the solid images. Beautiful!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I'm so glad you were able to link up your cards before the deadline...your row of colorful flowers is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

suzARTe said...

This is such a lovely card Michelle, i just love tulips

suzARTe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T to the Essa said...

I love your card more than I love the CASE card! Awesome!

Jenny said...

Wow, I'm not surprised you were inspired by Jennifer twice!!
I love the row of rainbow tulips Michelle :)
I've taken too long to think up a design!
Jenny x

Jen W. said...

I'm the same - I often have ideas in my head for ages before they make it onto paper and I throw a real strop when they don't look like what was in my head!
Glad you persevered with this one because I love those rainbow flowers and tha perfectly placed twine!

Donna Huisinga said...

Saw your card on the challenge and wanted to tell you that I think it is a good interpretation. Very nicely done.

Victoria said...

This is just fantastic! I love what you have created! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier - very much appreciated :)

Rica said...

All three fabulous cards and I like them for all different reasons.
Thank you so much for joining us in the Simon Says Stamps challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Trinh said...

I love the rainbow of tulips, Michelle! Both are pretty but I'm with you - the 2nd one has the edge.

Lisa A. said...

These are beautiful and wonderful, Michelle!! You have inspired me to get out all my flower fusions:)!! Love them!!

CardArTart said...

Great job Michelle, I love how you mixed it up - small sentiment and large colourful linear picture :)

Vicky Hayes said...

Mulling things over for a while often results in something gorgeous and that's definitely the case here - I love this! Vicky x

JJ Bolton said...

Wonderful colorful tulips! Love them all in a row:)

Suzanne Russell said...

Adorable! Flower Fusion 1-12 is a must have collection-You have just proven my point with this fabulous card! Have a great day!

Virginia L. said...

Love your take on this, Michelle, so crisp and fresh--just beautiful! Excellent stamping!

Christine said...

What? Both of your cards are amazing!! I love your interpretation. Both are cards that I would love to call my own. These are so pinned!!
Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Necessity is the mother of invention and this is a fantastic CAS CASE!!

Michele Gross said...

I've just had a lovely wander through your blog. You really have a fabulous style :)