Thursday 27 January 2011

Blue and yellow

Blue and yellow is one of my favourite colour combinations.  A few weeks ago I saw a challenge that used these colours but I never entered the card because I used navy blue instead of black. . . I probably should have entered it anyway! 

When I started working on this card, I had an idea in mind that was supposed to be quick and simple.  While it was simple, it certainly wasn't quick!  Who knew how long it takes to decide on a pattern and then stick down multiple small squares?  And then I got to the end and the ribbon I had planned to use didn't work and the card was too plain, so I pondered that problem for a while too. . . and then I thought - what 80 year old man doesn't like a bit of bling on his birthday card? LOL.

My favourite uncle is turning 80 in a few weeks and I wanted to make a special card to commemorate the occasion.  I am sure that he doesn't read my blog, so I think I'm safe to put it here (and those of you who do read it, don't show it to him yet!)

No matter how I photographed this card (and I took photos from every conceivable angle), I couldn't demonstrate what it really looks like.  The navy blue prevents the camera from showing how the layers are popped up, or how dramatic the end result is. 

This card was made with love for a very special person.

I hope you like it.

What I used:
Cardstock - Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink - Night of Navy
Stamps - Wonderful Favourites, Kaisercraft Happy Birthday
Bling - Kaisercraft

1 comment:

Manda said...

I think it looks fantastic, even though you don't like the photos....I love the semicircles above and below the wonderful......and who doesn't love bling!!