Friday, 30 September 2011

Delightfully Random friendship card

Hello!

I have been wanting to make this card in response to the Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World ever since the Delightfully Random trigger photo was released.  I have mulled over ideas, but always came back to this gingham fabric, which I was envisioning as a picnic blanket in my card.

Here is the trigger photo:
Lovely, isn't it?

And here is my card:
I have created a thrown-down picnic blanket, and a flower for my field in which I am picnic-ing. *smile*  My little flower is actually a twine pom-pom, which I created around a fork (the idea for which I found on Pinterest). I frayed the edges of my fabric to create a tasselled edge on the blanket. I sponged the vanilla panel in pink and blue and then spritzed it with shimmer mist.  And I did a little sewing (don't look too close).

The card has lovely depth, it will definitely be a hand-delivery card, this one.
What I used:
Card: SU! Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Real Red
Stamp: Janes Doodles Pretty Peonies (sentiment)

Not my usual style. It is a hit with my girls, so I'm happy.

Before I go, I thought I'd show you a card my 8 year old daughter made up yesterday. I was working on something else and didn't even look until it was finished. I really love the way she's put the images and the sentiment together, and I think I'm going to steal her colour scheme for something similar on a card of my own. :-)  It is a little card, but very cute:

So, do you like my pom-pom flower?  What do you think?

Michelle
xxx

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the whole summery feel and the material just looks fab too :) The twine pom pom is rather cute...I will have to try it too :)
Your daughters card is pretty, she definitely has a flair for card-making :)
Jenny x

Chunyuan said...

Great take of the trigger. Love your use of fabric. Your daughter is quite a talented card-maker

Donelda said...

Michelle, you did wonders with the inspiration image. I adore your picnic blanket and a cool idea to make a pompom into the flower!! And your daughter's card is awesome! She clearly has her mother's talent!!

Laura said...

The twine flower is great -- love the picnic blanket, too.

Cath said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Teresa Kline said...

super adorable, I too luv the gingham...hope you have a great weekend!

enjoy *~*