Monday 5 November 2012

Christmas is coming!

Hello!

I am not organised for Christmas, at all. But I want to send out a few cards this year, unlike last year where very few actually ended up being sent! Crazy! I make cards, for goodness sake! I should send a few, LOL!

Here is one of my Christmas cards for this year.
Stamps are PTI Happiest of Holidays and Fillable Frames #10. I used SU! embossing folder Northern Flurries. Colours are PTI Vintage Cream, Fresh Linen, and Memento London Fog. Ribbon is SU! Soft Suede taffeta. Patterned Paper is My Minds Eye All Is Bright.  

The light is a bit dodgy this afternoon and has a very blue cast. I probably should have used the OTT light instead of sunlight.

I used CR84FN #66 colours.
The sketch was from Retro Sketches #36.

I will admit to having another inspiration this afternoon. I saw THIS CARD by Jen Rzasa and decided to immediately CASE it. The card above is the second version. This next one was the first.
Stamps are PTI Happiest of Holidays and Snowflake Serenade. Embossing folder is SU! Northern Flurries. Colours are SU! Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Whisper White.

Thanks for coming to visit!

Michelle
xxx

13 comments:

Karen M said...

I love your christmas card - its just gorgeous - hugs x x

Sian Ridley said...

These cards are gorgeous! I hardly managed to send any christmas cards last year either-it's crazy isn't it!? Good luck!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Michelle, I love both cards! At first, when I started scrolling through your post, I thought to myself "Such a coincidence we made similar cards!!" Then I read what you wrote :) Your colors are just gorgeous- somehow frosty and cozy at the same time!

~amy~ said...

awesome cards...I don't think you're alone in the paper crafting community...I think alot of us have a hard time actually sending out cards...why do you think that is?! I'm soooooo totally like that...unfortunately.

Deborah Frings said...

I think both cards are just lovely. I really like the embossed snowflakes and that gorgeous header and sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Michelle! Lovin' the embossed backgrounds and pretty sentiment labels! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Joyce said...

Both cards are just beautiful. I, too, struggle with remembering to send the cards I make. Both of your cards are sure to brighten someone's day--so get to that mailbox!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle your design on both of these cards is fabulous. Love your colour choices and embossing.

Anonymous said...

Lol, I never make enough Christmas cards and end up buying them!

These cards are gorgeous; very elegant and sophisticated styling.
xx

Marybeth said...

Both are beautiful ! Love the soft colors in the first one. If I had some gray on a card I made I could enter. Very pretty embossing !

Sara Mac said...

These are both wonderful cards Michelle! I really like the soft colors on the first one. I just made my first Christmas card of the season. I doubt I'll send more than 3 or 4 handmade cards this year -- the list is too big.

Pauline said...

Beautiful cards, I love the embossed snowflakes!
Thanks for joining us at Cr84FN this week!

Beverley said...

Love both these FABulous cards. TFS x