Wednesday 25 December 2013

Blingy New Year!

Hello!

I know, we have a little more time until we reach the new year, but I have a couple of challenges I wanted to play along with, and the deadlines are looming. ;-)  I'm playing with my new stamps from Mama Elephant - Flashy Letters - Aren't they marvellous? So are those snowflake fireworks (PTI Snowflake Flurries)!
I have been inspired by a few different challenges in creating this card. Firstly was the colour scheme from Dynamic Duos.
Then the theme at CAS-ual Fridays and 10 Minute Craft Dash, who are running a joint challenge this week. I didn't make the 10 minute time limit. It turns out that adding glitter to the dots in the lettering takes a long time, and then when I decided to add a strip of glitter, all was lost, LOL!
And lastly, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge calls for us to Bling It On! In real life, my card is BLINGY. :-)

Thanks for dropping by! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Michelle
xxx


14 comments:

Lynn said...

I'll kinds of inky gorgeousness Michelle. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

Joyce said...

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas to you! This is a fabulous card, and you should not be sad at all that it took more than 10 minutes. It's a terrific design, and I'm sure it's super sparkly in person. Love the snowflake flurries as fireworks.

T said...

Cute, cute card! So bright. And a Merry Christmas to you, too my dear!

Leigh Penner said...

Great card, Michelle! I love it!
Good effort with the Craft Dash-- that ten minutes goes by soooo fast!

Michelle said...

Fabulous design to ring in the New Year! Thanks for joining the Dynamic Duos!

annewalker said...

What a gorgeous, stunning card! Love those fireworks outlines and illustrations. The fonts are even more elegant! Lovely.

Here's expressing my happy new year wishes to everyone!
Anne Walker xoxox @
http://messages.365greetings.com/holiday/new-year/new-year-wishes.html

Julie Gearinger said...

Gorgeous!! Love the use of the colors and all of the festive elements for the New Year! Thanks for playing along with us at the Dynamic Duos :-)

Darnell said...

Happy New Year, Michelle! I love your genius idea for a new year's card and think it turned out great!! Cheers! Darnell

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Great card - I can only imagine how long all the glitter took you! Well done on trying the 10 minutes though. thanks for playing with us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

hollybeary creations said...

This is super cute.. I love the pattern you created with the circles. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Sanketi said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kim Heggins said...

this has to be one the best new year's cards I have seen this year! I love the red and black and your design is simply amazing. Wishing you and your family and a very Happy New Year!

Deb said...

Fabulous card, Michelle! I love that you added the glitter. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Happy New Year!

Betty said...

WOW, I love your colors and the design of your card. GREAT card. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash.