Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge - Happy New Year!

Hello!

Happy New Year to you all! I hope that 2017 brings you all things wonderful!

I'm starting off the year with a new design team. I've been an admirer of Kylie and Happy Little Stampers for a while now and so when the opportunity came along to join the HLS design team, I threw my hat into the ring. I was absolutely thrilled when Kylie told me she'd selected me!

This month's Watercolour Challenge has an optional twist to use a stencil. I did not use the optional twist this time around, instead creating a freeform watercolour background using lots of water and then adding salt. I created a bit of a grungey look for my background and my date. I quite like how it turned out!
I used HLS Big Bold Numbers stamps, PTI die, and Winsor & Newton Cotman watercolours to create the background.
Thanks so much for coming by to visit me! I hope you join in the watercolour fun with us this month!

Michelle
xxx

13 comments:

Aileen said...

Congratulations Michelle, great card and I look forward to seeing many more. Love HLS blog.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

beautiful New Year's card.

Barb Housner

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Fabulous card! Love that background.

Kylie said...

The different colours worked out beautifully, Michelle. I love the added salt and the numbers just pop off your card! Welcome to the team xx

Gloria said...

Beautiful card Michelle!
Love your color and design!
Happy New Year!
Hugs,

Inkyfingers said...

I love the grungy look to your vibrant card Michelle, and the salt adds such fabulous texture! It's so good to have you on the team and Happy New Year to you and yours.
Hugs
Carol x

HJ said...

Congrats on getting on Kylie's team. I like the red, white and blue of the grunge look for your card and it makes the numbers pop. Happy New Year!

Melissa L. said...

This is lovely, Michelle. Beautiful bold colors. Happy New year and welcome to the team! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Congrats on your new design team....so excited for you. Your card is just amazing, love all those beautiful colors. Happy New Year.

Linda said...

Hi Teamie lol. Great minds think alike -both using the Big Bold Numbers to kick start the New Year. They are just perfect aren't they. Happy New Year to you Michelle.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous background and I love the grungy look! Congrats on new DT!

Jenny Colacicco said...

Fabulous card - really bold and great masculine colour combo too. I am totally going to use salt on one of my cards in the future. Its a great technique and you used it brilliantly here - just like fireworks. Jenny x

Kelly Szafron said...

Fantastic card! The sentiments really pops.