Sunday 22 July 2012

CAS happy in black

Hello!

Whew! I've had a busy week-end this week-end. I have managed to squeeze one more card out of my limited time. I really didn't want to miss the opportunity to enter these three challenges. Too often I miss out because I run out of time, despite feeling inspired!

This is my card.
I used SU! Basic Black and Crumb Cake card. Ink is Real Red and Certainly Celery. Stamps are PTI -  Happy Hexagons (sentiment) and Flower Fusion #11. Twine is Twinery Maraschino (the twine is where I get the white for the colour challenge!). Embossing Folder is Swiss Dots. And dies are PTI - Flower Fusion and Mat Stack #3.

It is really difficult (for me) to photograph black cards! The card in real life actually looks black, and that red is really Real Red, I promise!

I am entering CAS-ual Fridays #62 which asks for a black card base.
My colour combination comes from ColourQ #146 which is too yummy to resist!
And last, but not least, I am entering CASology #2. I missed the inaugural challenge because I ran out of time. I didn't want to miss the second one. My card is a HAPPY birthday card. :-)

Okay, perhaps I'll sneak one more card out of the week-end if I can get the kiddies into bed early enough tonight!

Thanks for dropping by!

Michelle
xxx

17 comments:

Jen W. said...

Photographing black cards is a total nightmare but your card is gorgeous! Love the texture and that's one of my favourite PTI dies. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

Love this simply happy card - I'm so glad you played along with CASology this week. (and I'm glad I'm not the only one who wishes constantly for more crafting hours in the day - so many ideas and cards to make!! lol)

Unknown said...

So cute! It is happy and black, love how you managed to pull that off:) Thanks so much for playing at ColourQ this week! :)

Rosemary said...

your card is just stunning!! thanks for playing along with CASology!

Kristen said...

i love that swiss dot folder. i keep trying to find it on sale, but when it is it's always sold out at michaels, lol. dang it i'm so cheap sometimes! great card!

Showing bloggy love from ColorQ Challenge
xo, Kristina
Come by and see me sometime!
www.pearlgateway.com

Angie Tieman said...

Super sweet card! Love the "soft" feel you achieved even with the black card base! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Darnell said...

A triple treat of perfection!!

JoAnn Ross said...

I LOVE how you made such a pretty, soft card on that black base! Swiss dots is my favorite of my cuttlebug folders; it really worked on this card and the fun twine added the perfect touch!

Tracy Ercole said...

Love this card, very pretty :)

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Michelle, love the embossed black background and the pop of color with the twine! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week and sharing your card.

Jenny said...

The colours look just fine on the photo Michelle...love the design and embossed texture on the panel :0)
So glad you joined us this week at CASual Fridays :0)
Jenny x

Kara Lynne said...

Love the window shape with the tulip shape, they really work well together. The Swiss dots look great on the black too!

Unknown said...

I agree with you, photographing a black card is hard for me too. I just get the right colours out of it.
Your card is awesome. Love the window and beautiful tulip. Great CAS card, Michelle! Thanks so much for playing with us @ CAS-ual Fridays :)

Stephanie Washburn said...

Such a pretty card, Michelle! Love the twine accent! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

Debby said...

Hi Michelle! Great use of dies in this lovely. And I know what you mean about black cards being tricky to photograph! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Keke said...

So pretty!