Monday 27 January 2014

You make me SMILE

Hello!

I'm back! It is the end of the Australia Day long week-end. My daughters have one more day of Summer holiday tomorrow before starting school for the year on Wednesday. I'm not sure they are ready to give up the television and their sleep-ins just yet, lol! This afternoon, I managed to find some time to sit at my craft desk. I came up with a few cards, yay! I'll share these with you over the next couple of days.

This first is for CAS(E) This Sketch #61. I had all sorts of ideas for the sketch, but when it came down to it, my card wanted to be one layer, and bright and happy.
I used PTI Polka Dot Parade #10 and Heart-2-Heart #8. Colours are Memento Luxe (yellow and lilac) and Mama Elephant Hazel & Mojito.

This is the sketch.
If you have followed the story of my missing dog, Coco, and haven't seen the news already, Coco came home last Saturday after 19 days on the run.A family found her in a park about 9km from where she went missing. She appears to have followed a creek, and was halfway home. The family took her home for a bath, because she was covered in stinky creek mud. They then took her to the RSPCA where they checked her microchip and called me immediately. That was Saturday night. There were tears all around - me, the family who found her, the RSPCA workers, my family, and many of my supporters on the internet. Coco was very, very skinny, has cracked off a lower canine, had a torn paw pad, and an infected eye. Overall, she fared remarkably well. She has been thoroughly checked by the vet and given a good report. This past week she has put on a significant amount of weight and is a very happy dog. And I am a very happy human. :-)

This is a photo of her last week. I haven't taken a new one this week-end. I'll do that and share it in another post. ;-)
Thanks for coming by to visit me. I hope to get around visiting everyone over the next week or so. Apologies for my long absence.

Michelle
xxx

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Love this sweet little scene you've created...so happy! And truly happy that your sweet Coco is home! xoxo

Jenny said...

Oh Michelle...you've made me smile this morning!!! So happy to hear you've been reunited with coco, what a happy relief :0) absolutely cute card too...I love the way the little house is bulging at the seams :0)
Jenny x

Susanne Vargas said...

I have been more of a "silent" reader of your blog but wanted to let you know how happy I am that Coco is back and doing well! I have been thinking of you a lot and was worried that your absence from blogland meant bad news! So glad that you have been reunited!
Like your cheerful card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle what a sweet card and once again I am so incredibly happy that Coco is home where she belongs!

Barb said...

I hadn't heard that you found Coco! I am so happy for you, Michelle! Wow - 19 days! That is amazing! Oh, what a relief! ♥

Love your darling card! Perfectly CAS!

Darnell said...

I can see why your sweet OLC wanted to be made for this sketch, Michelle! It's perfect!!

Thanks for the update on Coco! I love a happy ending and am thrilled for all of you!! Enjoy the day! Hugs, Darnell

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such awesome news on your Coco!! Love hearing how the chip got her back to you and tour family!! Love good endings~ :)

Joyce said...

Oh, Michelle--my heart is singing with joy for you and your doggie and your family. I am so happy you found her. What a miracle. I've been thinking about you and worrying and now am so happy that this story has a happy ending. We had a random dog run down our driveway and hop the fence into our yard on Sunday, and were going crazy trying to figure out who's dog it was, thinking of the owner who was probably frantic, and I thought about you. Our story had a happy ending, too, and we met some of our neighbors. And, your card is so sweet today. Just such a happy, homey scene.

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous one layer card, Michelle!

Sara Mac said...

Michelle this is wonderful news about Coco! I am so thrilled for you and your family.

Jen W. said...

I love this bright and cheery card, Michelle. That house is just like a Bermuda house - I've actually seen a few in that colour. LOL! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Donna Cala said...

I am so happy and relieved for you.

donna mikasa said...

Such a bright and happy card! And I'm so glad that your dog was returned safely to you!

Kim Heggins said...

Too too cute! I love the colors on this one. so happy to hear your news about Cocoa, what a sweet story and it brought tears to my eyes. I am not an animal person but love hearing such heart warming stories. So happy for you and your family!