Tuesday 27 December 2011

CAS-ual Coffee

Hello!

Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope you have all had a wonderful, joy-filled celebration. My family and I certainly did. I haven't been stamping much lately due to the rush and busy-ness involved in Christmas preparations. Now I can take a breath, and I've sat down to make a card that has been brewing in my imagination for a few days.

Over at CAS-ual Fridays this week they are teaming up with Market Street Stamps. I don't own any Market Street Stamps (yet), but they have kindly offered a free digi to join in their Block Party fun. I signed up at The Neighborhood and took a little time wandering around, familiarising myself with what was there (and collected lots of ideas, stamp "needs", and inspiration) and then collected the digi and set my mind to work on forming a design idea.

The theme at CAS-ual Fridays this week is Kraft and Twine, with a bonus offer of joining in the Market Street Stamps Block Party.
 

So, today I had my idea and set to work. Do you sometimes find that your idea was much simpler to execute in your head?  For a simple card, I sure had some troubles putting this one together, LOL!  If anyone has any good suggestions on how to adhere twine down on a card, please let me know.  This time I used sticky dots, but I don't think this is the ideal solution. Argh!

The Coffee Cup image is from Market Street Stamps. I reversed it to get the two cups facing each other.  I printed the image onto Crumb Cake cardstock and then put that panel through the Big Shot with Swiss Dots folder.  The sentiment is from PTI Embellishments. I paper-pieced with Crumb Cake and Real Red.  The card base and sentiment strip are Soft Suede, and the card base has been put through the Big Shot with PTI Canvas impression plate. The twine is The Twinery Maraschino.

What do you think? I quite like it.

Michelle
xxx
       

19 comments:

Jay Gee said...

This is fantastic Michelle. I love the colours and how you have pierced the paper for the steam. You could try and use glossy accents to adhere you twine :)

Deb said...

This is fabulous! Love what you did with the twine!

T said...

Awwe it's so cute! That heart is adorable. Let me know if you find a good solution to adhering bakers twine. I've only used double-sided tape but that was for lollipops and I didn't have to worry about the tape showing.

Marybeth said...

I like everything about this adorable card you made, the colors, the dry embossing, well everything. Beautiful!

Deborah Frings said...

I think it's a super idea! I do like the way you've got the twine coming out of the mugs and forming a heart. Perfect sentiment too.

Tammy said...

Wow--love what you did with the twine here! Super cute card!!

Amy Kolling said...

I definitely LOVE it! I really like that you masked the cup and made this adorable image and adding in that twine out of the mugs????? Genius!! Thanks so much for coming to the Block Party at MSS!

Nicole said...

this is soooo adorable! i love it!

Chark said...

love the embossing of the bg!

Karen M said...

Your card is gorgeous, great design and lovely colours too :) Happy New Year, hugs x x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Michelle
Fabulous card....love the idea ...Stunning...
Happy New Year Michelle....
Big Hugs
Sylvie
xx

Unknown said...

super cute!

JJ Bolton said...

How cute is that! Love the twine and pierced steam!

Jenny said...

Hi Michelle, Happy New Year to you all :)
Perfect colour combo and sentiment for the coffee cups! Love the swirly heart shaped twine too... I use a fine line of PVA glue for twine like that.
Jenny x

Trinh said...

This is so cute, Michelle! I love the twine heart coming from the mugs and the embossing you did on the background. I find a dot of Glossy Accents holds twine really well. Dries fast & clear too.

Virginia L. said...

This is truly lovely in every way! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jaclyn Miller said...

oh my gosh, what a clever way to use your twine. LOVE IT! Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Love the design and how you used the twine to make the heart, genius! :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

suszu said...

Too cool, I love this card