Thursday 15 December 2011

For Your Inspiration #20

Hello!

Welcome to another For Your Inspiration post.  This week's photo is a stunner. I really hope you come and join us in the fun.

Do you find that time flies by twice as fast at this time of year?  It's only 10 days to Christmas, and I am NOWHERE near being ready. I haven't even sent one little card! Eek!!!  I must get organised. I know that at this stage my overseas friends and family will not receive my cards on time. I'm sorry, I even had the cards made on time this year! I haven't finished shopping ... I haven't started cooking... oh dear!

Enough of my panic-filled talk, let's move onto happier topics, like this week's photo from FYI:
I just love this photo. I love the colours. I love the water. I love the clouds. I love the reflections. It's beautiful!

For my card, I wanted to use the multiple blues with a white base. I used navy, pale blue, and turquoise.  Here it is:
I was playing around with this idea and I have a second card to show you also:
I also had a third card started, but it didn't quite work. I might still finish it, because I sort of like it, and I do love this concept.  I just love Harvest Berries by Papertrey Ink. No matter what you do with it, it looks beautiful and elegant.  The sentiment is from PTI Botanical Silhouettes.

What do you think?  Do you like my blue ginko leaves? :-)  Please come along and join in the fun over at For Your Inspiration, I'd love to see you there.

Now why don't you go and check out what the rest of the design team have come up with?



Michelle
xxx


18 comments:

Cassandra said...

STUNNING Miss!!! What a coincidence that I am currently creating a Xmas card for a mutual friend in navy.

Hope this card stays in your birthday stash till .. oooh ... maybe next August!

dstandard said...

Fabulous - your stamping is awesome on this!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

So pretty Michelle! I love the contrasting colors!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous job! Love that pop of turquoise!

Suzanne Russell said...

So pretty Michelle! I love this stamp set but I haven't used it very well. Thanks for re-inspiring me! :-)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Wonderful, wonderful take on that stunning photo - I LOVE your card!

Mynn xx said...

What a gorgeous card! It's super amazing--LOVE the black with the touch of teal! It would be perfect for the Play Date Cafe challenge this week, too. ;) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog--I truly appreciate it! :)

T said...

I love it! So classy!

grey rose (they/them) said...

loving these colors!

Unknown said...

this is such a pretty color combo, love it!

StephC said...

Gorgeous card Michelle! Love the contrast of the blues.

Jay Gee said...

These are so pretty with the two tones of blue Michelle :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, I'll admit that I was never tempted by the Harvest Berries set 'til I saw this card! I simply love how you paired it with the sentiment from Botanical Silhouettes.

Wishcraft said...

Beautiful! Love the stamps you've used and gorgeous colours :o)

Re the paper ban... I'm a bit nervous about being let loose again lol! I've been trying not to notice too many papers, so I've no idea what I'll buy - I think I'll need to ask for some suggestions in January! Lisa x

Jenny said...

Now those Harvest Berries look stunning in shades of blue Michelle.....gorgeous card :)

I hope you have a fab Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Jenny x

ps : I think I'm beyond panic now! AARRGGHH

Jen W. said...

I LOVE your ginko leaves! You have rocked them on these cards! I would never have thought to stamp them in blue but they're gorgeous. :) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and eat an extra piece of that cake for me!

Trinh said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors & how the design flows across.

Marlena M. said...

Michelle, this card is awesome! I love the pop of blue. Happy New Year. ;)