Monday 6 October 2014

Virginia's View 8 - clean and simple!

Hello!

When I saw that Virginia had selected "clean and simple" as her theme for the current Virginia's View challenge, I was thrilled! You all know that I love CAS. I struggle to move away from CAS, actually, and as I evolve as a stamper, I think I'm moving further towards the minimalist end of the spectrum, lol!

It's taken me a while to make my card. Life has been a little busy! This card took me about four days to create because I stamped it a little tiny piece at a time, in my spare 5 minutes each day. ;-)
I used wPlus9 Pretty Peonies (this is my third set with that name) and Hand Lettered Hello stamps. These two stamp sets work so well together! And that Peony set is just amazing! I'm so glad I gave in to temptation and bought it. :-)
It's the end of the Labour Day long week-end. We had a big week-end celebrating my daughter's 12th birthday. She had a couple of friends come for a sleepover on Saturday night. They had so much fun, and were so well-behaved. I managed a full night's sleep, yay!

We also managed to squeeze in a barbeque yesterday with a couple of friends we haven't seen for too long. Our kids had a great time playing together, and my hubby hooked up the old tv so that the fellas could watch the football grand final (rugby league), which turned out to be a history making match, so I'm glad they weren't deprived of watching the action live, lol!

Now, I'm off to bed. First day of the last term of school tomorrow. I think I forget how to get everyone ready for school after two weeks off from packing school lunches and ballet gear...

Thanks for coming by to visit!

Michelle
xxx

12 comments:

Betty said...

your card is gorgeous - i haven't succumbed to buying it yet but am getting weaker every day when i see cards like yours:-)

Lynn said...

Your weekend sounds fabulous! Love your clean, crisp gorgeous card Michelle!

Kelly Latevola said...

This is beautiful Michelle! I always shy away from the builder sets but now I'm thinking I might need this set!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Michelle! Your Labour Day weekend sounds lovely and very busy! Thank you so much for joining us at the Curtain Call inspiration Challenge!

Shelly said...

So pretty!!! Love!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I can't believe I haven't inked up this set yet....

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I can't believe I haven't inked up this set yet....

I Card Everyone said...

So perfectly wonderfully CAS... beautiful, Michelle!
=] one L

Kara said...

beautiful!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful stamping! Those flowers are gorgeous and love the placement of the sentiment!

Shona Chambers said...

Oh my goodness I love this set!! Yet another one for my Xmas wish list. Love the layout of this card and that swirly hello is divine. Sounds like you had great school holidays. Did you get up in time on Monday?? We are back to school this coming Monday and all have been getting up each morning between 8.30-9.30am. Well, 7am Monday morning is going to be a HUGE shock. The kids said they just wouldn't go to school but I told them they would be going in their pj's!

Kim Heggins said...

What a stunning card! I love your beautiful peonies, makes such a sweet card.