Monday 5 October 2015

Happy 13th Birthday!!

Hello!

Today I celebrate my first-born daughter's 13th birthday! I can't believe 13 years have passed already. She's growing into such a lovely young lady with a very kind heart.

This is her birthday card.
I used Altenew Wild Hibiscus and Label Love stamps. The tiny sentiment is Wplus9. I did some subtle colouring using Copics.

I'm entering this into the current Virginia's View challenge.

My daughter spent the last 10 days on Flinders Island, way down south in Tasmania, with her aunt and uncle. What a wonderful holiday! If I can get some of her photos on my computer, I'll share with you. Flinders is all natural beauty.

Flying from Flinders back to Melbourne, she arrived at Essendon Airport and needed to transfer to Melbourne Airport at Tullamarine (a short 8km away). There was no easy transport option that I was comfortable with her taking by herself, at least not on this first solo trip, so I flew down to meet her and transfer her home. While I waited for her flight I had a couple of hours spare, so I went walking around Melbourne. What a beautiful day!

The view from Southgate across to the city.
The view from Princes Bridge with Southgate on the left and the city on the right.
Flinders Street Station, always so photogenic.
Art at Southgate.
And last, but not least, the birthday girl herself.
It's so good to have her home. :-)

Thanks for coming to visit!

Michelle
xxx

10 comments:

Lesley said...

Beautiful card for a beautiful girl!!! xo

lostinpaper said...

Stunning card and a beautiful girl, hope she has a fab birthday!

Lynn said...

Happy, happy birthday to your beautiful girl. Love her stunning card...so perfect for a 13 year old!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, bet your daughter loved it. And what a stunner she is, you'll have to watch her Michelle. Your eldest at 13 and my youngest just had their 23rd, ahh how time flies.

Marlena M. said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter Michelle! You are such a good mom ;). Your card is lovely. The subtle whispers of color are perfect.

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Michelle!

Shona Chambers said...

She is so beautiful Michelle and has such a lovely smile!! Hope she had a wonderful birthday. Phoebe will be 11yrs in Feb next year and she already talks like she's in her 20's, they grow up so fast!! And your card is simply stunning.

Daria G. said...

Such a beautiful card!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Those butterflies are so pretty, I love how you colored them!

Virginia L. said...

So gorgeous--card and daughter! :) So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Colored” Challenge!