Thursday 25 May 2017

Fusion - more bugs!

Hello!

This week I sent my 14 year old off to a five week outdoor education camp. During these five weeks she does a daily morning run at 6am, works on the farm, does a three day camp and a survival exercise, completes a four day hike where she and a small group navigate their way independently across about 50km (there are supervisors dotted through the countryside for safety), does the cooking and cleaning and her own laundry, and all sorts of other adventures including a 24 hour solo during the final week of camp. This camp is a part of her school curriculum. All grade 9 kids attend at various times during the year. This five weeks is probably the coldest and I'm hoping I've sent her with enough warm clothing and the right sleeping equipment! I think one of the most difficult parts of this camp, other than being away from friends and family, is that they have no electronics - no cameras, phones, music players, computers. The only communication is by old-fashioned letter. I'm hoping to receive my first letter by the middle of next week. I already sent the first one from me. I'm missing her already, but I know she'll be having a ball.

Onto the reason for my post, it's time for the new challenge inspiration over at Fusion Card Challenge. I've used the sketch only this time and made a fairly CAS card.
I used SU! Beetles & Bugs and Lawn Fawn Milo's Alphabet stamps. I might send this to my daughter. She isn't a fan of bugs or beetles, but I think she does slightly appreciate my warped sense of humour. :-)
Isn't this a sweet inspiration?

Thank-you for dropping by! I hope you are able to take some time to visit the rest of the team for some additional awesome inspiration.

Michelle
xxx

3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I adore your sense of humor!!! and your bugs!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

This makes me smile!

Karren said...

This card is so sweet in a creepy-crawly kind of way :) What a huge adventure for your daughter. My 14-year old has to go on a 3 day camp later this year, which includes 24 hours solo and he's not looking forward to it!