Thursday 28 October 2010

Another Birthday

This week it was my other half's birthday.  Fortuitously, last week I received a little gift from my friend at my stamping workshop.  This little gift was fully used in creating hubby's birthday card, and I have been inspired with a few more stamping ideas during the creation process.

So what did I receive?  I was given some ribbon in "Elegant Eggplant" (dark purple - the hubby's favourite colour), a stamping spot in the same colour (a mini stamp pad), and a lovely heart stamp - I'm not sure what set it is from, but I LOVE it!

My challenge was that I don't have any cardstock in the same colour and no papers that include the same colour, so I had to put my thinking cap on to design something that worked well with my new colour ribbon and ink.

The result is here



I used Perfect Plum cardstock and I added some purple embellishments to give it a little extra oomph. The top section is popped up, which is a bit difficult to see in this picture.

I love it, the hubby loves it, what do you think?

2 comments:

Manda said...

Very good thinking outside of the box. I'm sure he loved it - the sentiment is perfect for his sense of humour!! The set was called Polka Dot Punches. I wonder if my mind reading skills are up to scratch? Do I fortell Elegant Eggplant C/S in the next club order? Hehehe

Jo said...

Nice layout. I love elegant eggplant too. Looks fantastic with kiwi kiss or old olive. Did he like it?