Thursday 14 October 2010

World Card Making Day Challenge

For World Card Making Day, which was almost two weeks ago now, my stamping friend Manda set me and a couple of other friends a challenge.  For me, she gave me some 'scraps' that were originally intended for a mini-scrapbooking page, and sent me off to see what I could do with them.  These are the bits and pieces I started with. . .



I already had a technique in mind that I wanted to try out with my Eastern Blooms stamp set, which was to use the Stampin' Write markers to colour my big flower multi-coloured in browns.  So I borrowed the markers, and off I went!  I have to say, working with these today has me wanting to go and buy myself a full set of markers right away, they were so easy to use compared to my usual method for this type of work (don't ask. . . )

The card I have created has to travel overseas, so I have made it relatively flat to go through the post, where I would usually pop it up to give it a bit more impact.  The weather is a bit dull, so the photo isn't as bright as it could be.

Here it is, I hope you like it  :-) 


Ink and markers used: all colours Stampin' Up - Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Very Vanilla, and I'm not sure what was in the set of scraps (Kraft?)
Bling: Kaisercraft basics

3 comments:

Manda said...

Woot Woot, well done.....Consider the challenge challenged!! I really mean complete, but challenged sounded better!

Jo said...

Wow, this is awesome!!!!!!!! Hmm might have to "borrow" that idea.

Cassandra said...

Absolutely stunning!! Boy you know how to pile on the pressure!