Sunday 31 July 2011

CAS-ual Fridays #13 and Tuesday Trigger

Hello!

Well today I bring you more of Jane's Doodles stamps, using the Garden Friends set today. So many cute images, it is hard to decide where to start!  By the way, Jane is giving away a free digi-stamp at the moment, a gorgeous ice-cream cone, so go and take a look. :-)

The challenges I'm responding to with this card are CAS-ual Fridays and Tuesday Trigger.

For CAS-ual Fridays we are challenged to use a 4 x 9 card, but to not fill up all that space and to keep it CAS:
At first I thought 4 x 9 would be impossible, that is one BIG card. But, then I started thinking about it, and I got all excited. 4 x 9 is a great format! Give it a go yourself and see if you like it too.

The Tuesday Trigger is this lovely photo (Squares to Cherish):
My grandma used to make these crochet rugs. One of her last ever ones made was made for me, and I still have it.  Just recently my aunt also made me a more modern knitted one, which I certainly do cherish. When someone takes all that time and thought to make something so beautiful, you feel the love, and the love keeps on coming every time you look at it and use it.

So when I look at this photo, the inspiration is the crochet squares and the colours. I was looking through Pinterest recently and I found a tip to use twine around a wooden block to stamp, so I thought I'd give this a go to get that "fabric" feel.

Here is my card:
I had troubles editing this photo, the white was either too bright (overexposed) or too dull. I hope you get the idea anyway. I paper-pieced the birds and stamped the two little "quilts" using my improvised stamps. Here are my stamps:


Here is a close up of the card:
Colours used: Pale Plum, Sage Shadow, Bashful Blue, Basic Black

So what do you think? I love these little birdies.

Michelle
xxx

10 comments:

Marlena M. said...

This is an EXCELLENT idea...perfect for the trigger! Those birds are adorable. ;)

Yvonne Garner said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing the wood block tip and your concern about making a larger card. Thanks, too, for dropping by my blog. Yvonne

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very cool!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Wishcraft said...

Fab card, love how you made the background squares :o) Lisa x

Karen B. said...

Your technique/tip is so clever and fun and you've got some fabulous results to show for it! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jaclyn Miller said...

What a clever way to make your own stamps! So cute on your card. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

Laura Davis said...

so cute, I love your stamping technique!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

C said...

Clever technique and cute CAS!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

JJ Bolton said...

What a neat idea! Your card is adorable!