Thursday 21 July 2011

An exciting week for me. . .

Hello!

Well, this week has been very exciting in my stamping life. I had my first ever win on a Challenge! I was made Lovely Lotus over at For Your Inspiration for their Challenge #8.  BUT, to add to that, I was also asked to be a Guest Designer for them this week on Challenge #10, woo hoo!  Of course I said yes, and then (of course) I suffered major performance anxiety.  Despite that, I still managed to create a card, LOL!  And I might add that Steph has been very patient with my anxieties and my lack of blogging know-how. . . (thanks, Steph!)

If you haven't checked For Your Inspiration out yet, you should go and take a look.  Their inspiration photos are simply beautiful, every time.  This week's photo for FOR YOUR INSPIRATION CHALLENGE #10  is just as lovely:

As soon as I saw those steps covered in fallen leaves, I was thinking texture, in particular scoring. I used layered mattes to also create the feeling of steps.  I absolutely HAD to use the beautiful deep red and green in my card, and that cascade of red across the top of the photo is irresistible.

My card is here:

I think this other angled photo might give you more of a sense of the texture of the card (due to the artificial lighting creating shadows!):

What I used (all SU):
Stamps: Botanical Blooms (I really like this set, I don't know why I don't use it more)
Cardstock & Ink: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Garden Green, Very Vanilla

So, what do you think?

Why don't you take some time and head over to For Your Inspiration and join in the fun. 

Michelle
xxx

8 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Congratulations on the GDT spot - well deserved! And your card is just beautiful - I love the red and green on kraft - lovely!

Debby said...

Great to have you along this week Michelle and a fabulous take on the inspiration. I love how you've really thought the photo through and included so many elements into your design. Fab job!

Cassandra said...

It was definitely worth the wait (the photo and the card). Love what you have done, and glad you finally got your hands on some Kraft cardstock

Sara Mac said...

So glad you could join us for this challenge Michelle! I love your interpretation of the photo. Those flowers are beautiful. You do great work:)

Keva said...

Michelle, this card is GORGEOUS! Performace anxiety, huh? Totally not needed for this card. It is a beauty. So glad you could join us as Guestie this week!

Maggie Lamarre said...

oh no this card is beautiful no need to have anxiety..
I'm inviting you to add your cards to our linking party gallery at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Marlena M. said...

Your card is soooo pretty! Lovely representation of the picture. ;)

Wanda Cullen said...

Michelle, your card is truly gorgeous and a lovely interpretation of Steph's photo! So glad to see you winning the lovely lotus award...your work is great!