Sunday 3 July 2011

Fancy Folding in Red, Pink, and White

Hello!
Ever since the Just Add Ink challenge was released this week, I've been impatient to begin work on one of my own Fancy Fold cards. The blog hop was just one inspiration after the other. Already the entries are gorgeous. It is going to be a whizz-bang week at JAI this week with all the beautiful card folding going on!  My entry for JAI Challenge 74 is using the irresistable colours from CR84FN colour challenge , take a look at these:

Aren't they yummy?

I decided to start with the Diamond Fold card demonstrated by Mae. I'm still not sure how practical this card is (and it is very tricky to photograph), but it is so pretty, I had to give it a go. My apologies for the photography. That is me taking photos at night time again.

I used SU Real Red, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White. The patterned paper is also SU, but I forget its name. The stamp set is Bliss.

I'll show you a couple more photos to give you the different perspectives.  First is what it looks like closed for mailing.


And lastly is just a different angle.


So what do you think?

Michelle
xxx

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful!

rudlis said...

Beautiful card.I love a butterfly.

Deborah Frings said...

This is really gorgeous! I do like the diamond fold - makes the card so special. An I lvoe the stamped and jewelled butterfly. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

ally fiddy said...

Love diamond fold cards, and yours is gorgeous.

Sue Lelli said...

Michelle, I think this card is GORGEOUS! LOVE he diamond folds! LOVE the butterfly focal point! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Michelle! Love the butterfly all bejeweled! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Mae's Cachet said...

Michelle I think you have done a wonderful job with this Diamond Fold card, I think it is a great one to show off DSP and it is always fun to give a different card away. Thanks for playing this week at Just Add Ink.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Michelle! Love the fancy fold.. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Paula Dobson said...

So beautiful Michelle! Love all the elements you have put on this. Who wouldn't be thrilled to recieve such a pretty card? Thanks for playing at JAI ♥

Andrea M said...

This is MAGNIFICENT Michelle! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Unknown said...

a very pretty card.

Marlena M. said...

I love how this turned out. Very impressive card. ;)

Wishcraft said...

So pretty, a lovely design and gorgeous colour :o) Lisa x

KimB said...

Wow - well I think you did a fabulous job Michelle. Love your choice of colours, gorgeous subtle images and wonderful butterfly focal point! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.
Kim

Cyndie said...

What a lovely card! I forget to do these fancy folds--will have to try one soon! Your interpretation of the challenge colors is awesome!

Lisa Elton said...

Very PRETTY...loving that great butterfly with the bling!!!

Deb Hickman said...

Very pretty card,love the fold.xxx

Cindy said...

Michelle, your card is GORGEOUS! I love the fold and will have to try it out thanks for the inspiration! I am a new follower and would love to have you come for a visit!
Cindy Porter http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

Cassandra said...

Yet another award!!! Slow down girl, we can't keep up. This one really deserved it though.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! Love the gorgeous butterfly and the great folds. Congrats on making the Top 3 at Cupcake Creations.