Wednesday 26 August 2015

Playing Cards with Michele (one-L)

Hello!

Today I'm playing cards with Michele (one-L) Ferguson and we're CASEing Kara!

I "met" Michele when she launched her blog in May 2014. Michele was a fully-fledged cardmaker when her blog was born, and I just loved every single card she made from the very first post. Nothing has changed, every card is awesome. Michele and I are now teamies on CAS(E) This Sketch.

A few weeks ago, I saw Michele playing cards with Chriss Blagrave and I thought it sounded like a very fun idea! So I told Michele that I would love to play cards with her, and here we are! The idea is that we choose a card that we both admire and CASE it. After some to-ing and fro-ing, we couldn't find a stamp set that we both owned that would work for this project, so it's a very freestyle game. ;-)

This is my card.
I used SU! Garden in Bloom stamps. This may be my new favourite stamp set! I coloured with Copics, and like Kara's card, I also coloured the background. It's a great effect! I pretty much copied Kara's card - I loved the brightly coloured flowers, the dark background, and the vellum overlay on her card.

This is Kara's card that provides the inspiration.
I can't wait to see what Michele has come up with! This is going live late at night for me, so I will have to wait until I wake up to go and take a look.

I have one other picture, which is my background without the vellum. It was so pretty, I decided it deserved to be seen clearly. I almost didn't cover it up!
Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx


15 comments:

Kara said...

Your card is so beautiful! That's IS s great stamp set you used. Thanks so much for 'playing' with my card! I'm honored! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Two Ls!!! Oh I do SO love your card... cannot believe you colored your background - sadly I didn't have a black Copic to do the same - must improvise! Love your card, the flowers are gorgeously colored, too! LOved playing cards with you, and Kara's beautiful inspiration ... xoxo
=] One L

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your take on Kara's card too!!! So much fun!!!

Suchi said...

All these cards are sooo beautiful!Gorgeous! :)
Suchi xx

Ardyth said...

This is stunning! I have that set, but haven't played with it yet - this is perfect inspiration! (and I've been resisting the set that Kara used - maybe I can convince myself I don't need it! lol!)

Lynn said...

Playing cards across the miles. Love, love, love the vibrant colors.

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! This looks fabulous!!! LOVE!!

Sharron said...

Playing cards! What a fun game. Your card is fabulous and the set you used is wonderful. I would never have thought to color a whole background in black--very cool!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Michelle, such a gorgeous take on Kara's card ... bold, vibrant and so striking ... with and without the vellum! LOVE the sentiment! Anita :)

Susi said...

A lovely card for a fun challenge - I agree with you on the image without the vellum (it's too pretty to cover up!).

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle this is absolutely stunning. Amazing that u have felt that e act same way about both you and Michele since the beginning!

Aileen said...

Michelle another stunning card. I reckon you need to do another with no cover up as well cause its such a wonderful card, your base is perfect. Very well done, cant wait to see Micheles

Chriss Blagrave said...

Stunning card, Michelle! Your flowers and black background are so beautiful and I am glad that you showed us the uncovered version too!
A real beauty :))

Shona Chambers said...

Such a cool idea to get together with a bloggie friend, bet you both had a blast getting this organised. You certainly chose an incredible card by Kara, its gorgeous. And your CASE is equally as amazing. Love those flowers and your colouring is always so good. Have just seen 'one-l's' card and love her veggies too. Wonder what card you will CASE next?????

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous!