Monday 19 March 2012

CASE Study #82 and Clean and Simple #181

Hello!

The CASE Study muse this month is Laura Bassen. I wish I had had time to enter all of the challenges. I love Laura Bassen. For CASE Study #82, this is the inspiration.
My interpretation doesn't come close, but here it is:
I used PTI Tiny Tags and cut my stars from Stampin' Up! Ruby Red (retired), Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, and Old Olive. I strung them up on Twinery twine. The sentiment is Think Big Favorites #13. The card base is PTI basic white.

Edited to add: I just realised that this card also fits with the sketch over at Clean & Simple #181, so linking up now. :-)

Skip this paragraph if you don't want to listen to me whinge... I have spent most of the past few days in bed. I am aching all over, including a massive headache, I have a sore throat, and I am very tired. I was lying in bed (very bored) thinking "Maybe I feel worse because I am just laying around? Perhaps if I just got up and got moving around a bit, I'll feel better?".  I got up, made a sandwich, threw on a load of washing, and made this card. I can now report that I do not feel better, I feel worse, and I'm off to jump back into bed, sigh! I really don't like being sick. I am ready to get better now. :-)

Thanks for coming by to visit!

Michelle
xxx

17 comments:

Lyndal said...

This is so GORGEOUS Michelle - LOVE it!!! Hope you feel better soon!

Gayatri said...

So sorry to hear that your are sick, Michelle! I can perfectly understand how yoou feel. I was in the same spot last couple of weeks and still not completely well. Cough and sore throat is persist. It is the Para Influnza Virus and apparently take a month to get over it :( Take rest and hope you get better soon.
Gorgeous take on the challenge :) Love the colourful stars and perfect sentiment too:)

BTW: We are moving to Perth although prefer to move to the east :)

Jenny said...

Oh poor you Michelle, feeling I'll is just pants… really hope it passes soon ((hugs))
No doubt you made a fabulous card though, just love those happy stars :0)
Jenny x

Jen W. said...

Your card rocks!! Love your rainbow of stars and the sentiment is perfect. :)

I hope you feel better soon. Don't try and be superwoman again okay? Stay in bed and rest! Find a good book, wallow in a bit of self pity and take it easy. :)

Unknown said...

Love this card, Michelle! Seriously, I love it! Hope you feel better!

Arlene said...

Love your take on this challenge! Simply beautiful! :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Hi Michelle,
I started to read you blogs a few weeks ago and just want to tell you that I love your card (and you made it while being sick!), your style, also the photographs you take and the stories you tell! Hope this cheers you up a bit and that you feel better soon!

Suzanne Russell said...

I love your take on Laura's inspiration! Hope you are feeling better soon. Eat some chicken soup!!!

Wendy said...

Hope you feel better soon. LOVE your card...super cute banner.

Debby said...

Perfect combination of dies and sentiment Michelle! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Michelle! Love the star garland!

T said...

oh wow. amazing. beautiful! awesome CAS card!

Lisa A. said...

This is so pretty, Michelle!! So hope that you are feeling better today:):):)!!!

Jean Martin said...

Awwww!!! This is just perfect!!! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Victoria said...

Thanks for your kind visit to my blog :) I absolutely love your CASE study. You say you don't think it comes close, but I think it is a fantastic take on the card. I do hope you feel lots better soon. Being ill is never nice. Thinking of you.

Lisa A. said...

Hi Michelle...hope you are MUCH better, by now!! I nominated you for the Liebster award...Love your work and wanted to let others know!!
http://iminhaven.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-award.html

Agata said...

Oh Michelle, I wish you a speedy recovery! Your card is gorgeous! I hope it will help you get better, it's full of sunshine! Hugs!