Sunday 25 March 2012

Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge

Hello!

I think this is the first time that I have managed to organise myself at the right time to participate in a Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. A bit of a miracle. All I need to do now is to remember to link it up in the morning (when it is past 10am US EST). :-)

The inspiration is this:
All of that happy yellow and a touch of aqua. Lovely!

Here is my card:
I used PTI Rosie Posie, Think Big Favorites #12, Mat Stack #1 and Layers Mat Stack #1. I used a Sizzix Stripes embossing folder and covered it in yellow ink before embossing to created the yellow stripes. Colours are SU! Daffodil Delight, Barely Banana (retired), Pool Party, and Soft Suede. I used PTI white card.

I really love those yellow stripes. :-)

Thanks for coming by to visit!

Michelle
xxx


18 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfert...what a bright, zingy, fresh card Michelle, its FAB Hugs Elaine

Gayatri said...

Wow! I really like the yellow striped background and frame with the sentiments and flowers pops out of it. Beautiful card, Michelle!

Carole said...

Michelle, what a lovely spring looking card. I love the colors and adding that bit of turquoise really makes the card pop!

Marie said...

Wow what a stunning card! Very eye catching, love the focal point.

Jen W. said...

Love those yellow stripes too! How yummy!

Suzanne Russell said...

The stripes are amazing! Great job, Michelle!

kari bell said...

great card michelle. i love the bright yellow stripes!

Marybeth said...

Wow Michelle this is stunning! Who knew I could like stripes so much after seeing your card. This is so elegant too!

LEG Studios said...

Loving those big yellow stripes! Beautiful design & card!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the stripes, great card.

Marlena M. said...

I thought those stripes were DP! Wow, it's so clean and crisp. Gorgeous card Michelle.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great way to get your stripes!

Susan Block said...

Stunning! I love the bold lines in the bkg. Yellow just makes me think of summer ;-) Great card, love it!

Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog-My Simple Escape. I wanted to let you know that the photo was taken at the Mayan Ruins in Cancun Mexico. We love that area and we go there about once a year.

Shannon said...

LOVE your stripes paired with the Rosie Posie set! Reminds me of a cottage bedding set!

Lisa Elton said...

WONDRFUL!!!

Jenny said...

mmm I would struggle with these colours on a card despite them being so fresh and lovely but you've come up with a perfect design for them Michelle:0)
Love the bold bkgd stripes!
Jenny x

kingstonmama said...

What a happy card, Michelle. Love those yellow stripes. :) Ann Y.

The Paper Parade said...

This is the perfect take on the inspiration photo! Love those yellow stripes and the blue frame on the Mat Stack :)