Tuesday 27 March 2012

Easter is coming!


Hello!

I actually published this over at my photo blog but I thought it was a little bit crafty, so I would share it here as well.

Today I am showing a tiny bit of "super-Mummy" powers.

First I will disclose that while I make cards, I am not a particularly crafty Mum, and my kids don't get to take cool gifts to school at Valentines or Christmas, etc. Usually I don't do anything at Easter either, because I'm a bit of a grouch and don't like my kids eating too much junk food and SO MANY kids give SO MUCH chocolate at Easter time! I can honestly say that each year we often still have Easter chocolate left over as Christmas approaches because we end up with so much given to us all. Crazy! Oh, I should also tell you, I'm not one of those women who swoon over chocolate. I can totally enjoy eating one box of chocolates over a period of months. Yes, I'm strange, LOL! Put a block of cheese in front of me with some crackers, and it is a very different story...

Back to Easter. Tomorrow is the last day of school before Easter break. I realised this tonight. And I remembered that I'd seen some cute Easter Egg Butterflies that I told my daughter I might make. She took this to mean that I would make them (and if she thinks I will, then I must). This is what I saw:
I don't have the right punches for this. Or the time and patience to make those cute antennae. So I took a short cut, and this is what I came up with:
They're little butterflies sitting on scallop circle flowers. :-)
They're colourful, aren't they?
I'm pretty sure I'll be my daughter's hero for at least five minutes tomorrow morning.

:-)
Michelle

4 comments:

Unknown said...

FABULOUS idea Michelle, well done they are gorgeous Hugs Elaine

Wishcraft said...

They're fab Michelle, I bet your daughter will be so pleased with them :o) Lisa x

Jenny said...

Wow these are much more colourful and I'm sure your daughter will be proud to hand them out at school because you made them for her :0)
Jenny x

Teresa Zuehls said...

Hi Michelle! Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment. I had to look up Brisbane so I had a little geography lesson. Your candy butterflies turned out so lovley! I am sure your daughters friends will love them and you will be known as the "Crafty Mom".