Saturday 31 March 2012

RIC#8 - last minute entry!

Hello!

I'll edit this post in a sec. It was a true last minute entry and I only had 4 minutes to spare! Phew! I think I made it. :-)

Well, that was exciting! I've been pondering this challenge since it first went up, and somehow I forgot to make my card, LOL! This is for Runway Inspired Challenge #8. This is the lovely inspiration from Alexander McQueen.
I wanted to get the brown of the leaves and the charcoal of the wall in with the black with bright flowers. I didn't want too much white on my card (and this was my challenge, I like white!) While I've been pondering this picture for a couple of weeks, I only left myself 20 minutes to make, photograph, post, and link the entry. Talk about procrastination!!

Here is a closer version of the photo. Not my usual background. Although, my sofa makes a lovely colour background to this card. :-)
I used PTI Rosie Posie, Hero Arts Say It All. The paper is Stampin'Up! Mocha Morning. Card is Early Espresso, Black, and White (all SU!). I white embossed the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping in to visit!

Michelle
xxx

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Gorgeous!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Michelle, I like your take on the RIC! I love to see what in particular inspires a crafter, upon looking at a photo of something.

Thanks for coming by my blog! Just became a Follower of yours. :) Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you made and posted this fabulous card in just 20 minutes... and I thought I was leaving it late and I had a whole 3 hours to spare! Love how your gorgeous flower just pops on that elegant black bg!

Suzanne Russell said...

Love this! Great take on the challenge-so glad you made it in time! :)

Anonymous said...

I love it when I see people using Rosie Posie! I got this set last month and I've stained 90% of them already =_=

Karen M said...

Gorgeous card and well done on making it on time:) Hugs x x

Cristina said...

Last minute or not, this is gorgeous! So glad you joined us at Runway!

Jenny said...

Hmmm I think we have a winner here...I love that background pattern and Rosie Posie does the job perfectly too, I love it :0)
Jenny x

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Elegant and lovely! Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Sarah said...

This card is gorgeous! I'm so glad you found time to play along with the Runway Inspired Challenge.

Jen W. said...

So impressed that you whipped this out in 20 minutes!! Love how you brought all the elements of the photo into the card and not just the dress. :)

Lisa A. said...

This is beautiful, Michelle...love your background and beatiful flower!!