Wednesday 28 March 2012

Happy Tulips for Tuesday Trigger

Hello!

Bringing you a card to look at today... surprise! :-)
When I saw the Tuesday Trigger: Happy Happy Joy Joy, I was in love. I had an instant idea. I love it when that happens. Take a look at the inspiration photo.
I love it. The colours, the patterns, the NEATNESS of it. Yum!

Things were looking positive, I stamped out that tulip background and was VERY happy with how it looked. All those gorgeous earthy colours. Then I got stuck... and I sat and stared at it for a while... and I cut a couple of pieces of ribbon... and I die-cut and fussy cut the frames... and sat... and stared... and then I cut that mustard banner... and sat staring at it all... and then I sent up some prayers... because I seriously had crafters block!!!!  Can you tell this was a frustrating process? LOL! Each and every part of this card took long hard work.  When I finished I thought it looked too plain. Then I looked at the photo again and thought maybe it wasn't plain enough? And THEN I decided to just live with it the way it is and call it finished. Phew!

Here is the card again.
Despite the angst, I like it. :-)

I used PTI Think Big Favorites #12, Fillable Frames #10, Flower Fusion #11, SU! inks (daffodil delight, really rust, more mustard, soft suede, crumb cake, pumpkin pie, old olive), ribbon is SU! taffeta. Card is SU! early espresso, and the panel is white. That little button and bow is tied onto my ribbon with a piece of twine (this allowed me to fiddle with the placement before sticking everything down).

Before I go, I wanted to say a big thank-you to Lisa from I'm in Haven for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award.  I did receive and forward this award a little while ago, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to thank Lisa and to offer you the opportunity to go and check out her awesome work. In fact I am not sure why I didn't nominate Lisa myself, perhaps I thought she had over 200 followers? I'm surprised she doesn't! Lisa is one of my favourite card makers and she is a totally inspirational woman way beyond her cards. Please make a little time to pay her a visit and let her know I sent you. :-)

Thanks for coming to visit today.

Michelle
xxx

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous!

Teresa Zuehls said...

A wonderful take on the Trigger! It is perfect to me.

Jenny said...

Well I wouldn't be able to tell this wasn't an original Orla Kielly design ...... Perfection :0)
Jenny x

Gayatri said...

Awesome! Great take on the challenge, Michelle! Love the background you have stamped.

Jeanette M. said...

Beautiful card, Michelle! Great take on the Tuesday Trigger.

T said...

I love this card! I don't think it's too plain, I think it's perfect!

kingstonmama said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love the background you created with all of those fabulous earthy colors. The sentiment and ribbon treatment are perfect. A wonderful card and worth all the hard work. :) ann Y.

Linda Kunsman said...

what a gorgeous card!!!

Marie said...

Fantastic CAS card. Just perfect!

C said...

A-maz-ing! Perfect for the trigger!

Linda Beeson said...

I don't think you could have fit that Trigger any more perfectly! LOVE the image and the colors.

Tania said...

WOW !!! that looks GREAT!!!! I love it!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Michelle, I love everything you did.

Marlena M. said...

Michelle, this is perfect! It couldn't be more perfect. ;)

Michellem said...

I totally get your angst while cardmaking - CAS is much harder than it looks. Your card is a great take on the trigger!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Michelle1 Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Glenda J said...

Absolutely gorgeous background! Perfect for the Trigger!

Jen W. said...

The angst was worth it because this is one fantastic card! Those stripy leaves are perfect!