Thursday 11 September 2014

CASE Study 208 - An apple for the teacher

Hello!

This week at CASE Study I have taken a very literal approach to CASEing Debby Hughes' lovely CAS tags. It just so happens that the end of the school year is rapidly approaching, and I just love a simple CAS apple card for the teachers. ;-) We are about to start Spring holidays, and then only 7 or 8 weeks before school is finished for the year! Every single year I get surprised by this. Every. Single. Year!! I'll learn one day to prepare in July, lol!
I used PTI Teacher's Apple stamp set. I lightly stamped the apple, then watercoloured over the top. I hand painted the stem and leaf. The card base is stamped with Hero Arts Envelope Pattern background stamp (slightly mimicking the burlap bag). The die is Mama Elephant Femme Frames. A really simple card that satisfies my CAS leanings.
Tonight we have the Middle School Ensembles concert. My eldest daughter is playing violin in her strings ensemble and singing in the girls' choir. We also get to watch the boys' choir, the other strings ensemble (there are two in Middle School), the amazing band, and the percussion group. These concerts are just the best. Next week we attend the All School Choirs concert which has all of the choirs from the school from Grade 2 to Grade 12. Now THAT is always an amazing concert that gives me goosebumps all over. :-)

I hope you are inspired to join in with us at CASE Study this week. Last week's response to Debby's vellum beauty was amazing! Such a beautiful gallery!

Thank-you for visiting! See you soon!

Michelle
xxx


4 comments:

Lynn said...

I would love to see the concert! I'm sure they are fabulous. Love your sweet CAS card Michelle.

~amy~ said...

Perfect card...love that apple!
Sounds like so much fun with all the concerts!

I Card Everyone said...

Perfect, perfection, simply incredibly CAS and delicious! Choir was my own favorite in school. Though I tried my hand at the cello, could barely pick it up at age 8, so I put it down =/ M

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet, sweet card. Love that bright red apple and that it is front and center, just perfect.