Friday 5 September 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch 91 - a beadwork banner

Hello!

This week for CAS(E) This Sketch I decided to stay a little closer to the sketch than I did last week. ;-)  I flattened it out into a one-layer card, despite my first instinct to create an actual banner and embellishment. I'm really pleased with how this turned out.
I used Altenew Modern Beadwork stamps. Inks are Memento Luxe Rose Bud and Tuxedo Black, and Mama Elephant Smoke and Blush. Card base is PTI Soft Stone.
I am totally enjoying Modern Beadwork stamps. I thought I might get frustrated with trying to fit those beads together into patterns, but they are surprisingly forgiving. Fabulous!

Tonight I was at my youngest daughter's first big ensemble concert - the Junior School Ensembles concert (strings, recorders, and choirs). Her string ensemble (about 30 kids on violin, viola, cello, and double-bass) have been learning their instruments for about six months. Most of them are about 7 or 8 years old. What the teacher achieves with the kids in such a short time always amazes me. They did well. Lots of proud parents in the auditorium tonight. :-)

And now, it is time to head for dreamland. I'm a little weary!

Thank-you for visiting me! I hope you are inspired to play along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week.

Michelle
xxx


11 comments:

sandie said...

I think it is awesome! So clever to make this design and cut the sketch to one layer...got me thinking and thanks for that x

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle! Love your colors too...very fresh!

SO happy to see how supportive you are of music- yay!!

Shona Chambers said...

I love it! Such pretty colours and so simple. And you did an amazing job getting everything lined up. My daughter Phoebe has started playing the ukelele and next month she (along with the other students) will be playing for the School Gala. They range from 5yrs to 11yrs, the music teacher has the patience of a saint!!!

Kim Heggins said...

This is fabulous! I love that stamp and how you have used it.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Murtuza said...

Fantabulous card I so love the look of this one layer card and the stamp set is a definite in my next purchase.

Murtuza
http://white-fence.blogspot.in/

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gasp! This looks amazing! I haven't seen this set b4 and just had a look - you've really showcased it!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful design - works perfectly as a one layer card Michelle! I'm always in awe of what music teachers can pull out of their students and in awe of what our kids can do :)

Sarah G said...

Great take on the sketch - love your one layer beadwork banner! I thought this set would be complicated to use but might have to take another look :)

Diana K said...

Fabulous stamping and so creative. Love.

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful CAS card, love the banner :)