Thursday 16 August 2012

For Your Inspiration 36

Hello!

Well, this is the last For Your Inspiration challenge for this year. The team are taking a little holiday and we'll be back next year. Please join in on this challenge and help us end this year grandly. :-) The inspiration photograph for challenge #36 is beautiful, as always.
For me, I chose the colours and shapes as my inspiration. I loved the purple and yellow of the sunrise/sunset, and the grey wall is just delicious!

I turned to a sketch to build my card, and the sketch at Retro Sketches #24 was perfect, and turned the picture upside down - the sunrise on the bottom with the grey leading up from there.
My card follows the sketch really closely.
I really like how this turned out. The stamps are PTI Embellishments (who knew this set could be so beautifully CAS? I surprised myself). The colours are PTI basic white card, Memento Grey Flannel, SU! Pale Plum and Barely Banana. The Pale Plum card is textured. The rhinestones are SU! and are the perfect finishing touch (if I do say so myself, LOL!).

The FYI Design Team have done some beautiful work again. Please do take some time to go and visit them and leave some love.



Thanks for coming to visit me, and I hope to see you over at FYI with your project for the challenge very soon!

Michelle
xxx

10 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Michelle - Love your interpretation of the photo and the way you have worked with the sketch. The swirl stamp is awesome, and I agree - the gems are the perfect finishing touch!
Sylvia xx

PS: Thanks so much for your birthday wishes Michelle - Hubby and I had a relaxing few days in Wales, which we really enjoyed.

Karen M said...

Beautiful card - your colours are so pretty:) I have had a lovely time looking at all your cards that I missed while I was away - they are all gorgeous! Hugs x x

Jaydee said...

Michelle, I love your card. The white space really allows the colors and the sentiment to take center stage. Fabulous interpretation of the photo. Gorgeous.
TFS
Jaydee

Vicki Dutcher said...

Nice CAS card!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful work Michelle! Great job with the colors and sketch. I love the bling scattered gently.

Darnell said...

I love your take on the inspiration, Michelle - really lovely! But, darn, the last one for the year? I've always wanted to participate in one of these ... I've made a note and will hope to give it a go on this last one.

Cassandra said...

I think this might be your best ever! Interpretation and colours are perfection.



Can I have my stamp set back now?!?

Sara Mac said...

Michelle I just love this CAS card. All the little, perfectly placed gems add so much visual interest.

Jackie Rockwell said...

Michelle this is such a pretty take on the sketch!

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on the inspiration picture and the sketch. That flourish is fabulous!