Friday 8 February 2013

Hearts and Smiles

Hello!

I am bringing you a couple of cards in this post. The first is this.
I used Hero Arts Envelope Pattern Background, and PTI Botanical Silhouettes sentiment. It's hard to see but I used the PTI Linen impression plate. Colours are Berry Sorbet & Real Red (mixed on the heart), Bashful Blue, Night of Navy. I forget the name and brand of the twine.

I made this card in response to Tuesday Trigger: Cross My Heart
 and also Addicted to CAS Challenge #5
and I'm putting it into the A Passion For Papertrey challenge where the theme is Love Is In The Air.

My second card is my homework for Day 8 of Clean & Simple Card Making 2 where we received a video tutorial on plaid stamping from the super-amazing Laura Bassen.  This card was also going to be homework for Day 7 (since I'm running behind), but my one-layer card had a massive stamping error (the masking worked at the edges, but my mask leaked through and left some splotches on my lily-white card). I really need to get some masking paper!
Yesterday Jen Rzasa told us to not look too closely at her plaid stamping (go and take a look if you haven't already seen her awesome card). I think she really has nothing to worry about, mine is the one that you shouldn't look too closely at!  I used some older inks from my stash and it wouldn't lay down evenly, so I had to over-stamp several times (hence the leaking mask). The sentiment is made from SU! "sticky strip" that I die cut. I left the orange backing on it while I stamped, then took it off at the end and rubbed in the only glitter I own (which was not really opaque enough). It is a very glittery sentiment over a very bright plaid. I die cut a new card front and stuck it on top to cover the splotchy card front. Pretend it's one layer - that's what I intended, LOL!  Colours are all Stampin' Up! from the old Bold Brights collection.  By the way, I'm never die-cutting sticky strip sheets ever again, they don't cut through properly, argh! I had to hand cut half of those letters.

That's a lot of words! If you read them all, thank-you. I'm just having a whinge! Getting it all off my chest. I was up late last night trying to finish this card, and had such high hopes for it. I'll have to make another... when I get some masking paper. :-)

Michelle
xxx

18 comments:

Loll said...

Two fabulous cards. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS ... love the heart card with the cross-hatching design. The twine is the perfect embellishment. Loll

Barb said...

Michelle, I think your plaid stamping looks wonderful! It's a technique that definitely takes practice - I'm afraid to even TRY IT! I love your other card too - what a perfect take on that pretty trigger! :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Great cards Michelle! The first one is perfect for the trigger- I love the way you did the heart. As far as the second- I'm glad I'm not the only one who is hard on themselves sometimes! I love your bold color choices and the masked circle- your plaid is so much fun!!

Tasnim said...

The trigger card is SO lovely! It is perfect! I also like the colors you used for the plaid, and with the masking, it looks great!

Leigh Penner said...

I love the card that you made for the Moxie Fab challenge-- it's so sweet and pretty! And your stamped plaid is terrific, too!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards, dearie!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both fantastic cards Michelle. I love the heart card, the design is perfect and I LOVE how your plaid turned out working on mine tonight.

Sue Lelli said...

Both pretty but your Tuesday Trigger is just FABULOUS! I think we might have used the same twine!

Unknown said...

I am mesmerized by your plaid! Those colors you used together just make me so happy! It totally made me smile!!! Awesome job, Michelle!

Virginia L. said...

Love your interpretation of the TT! And...I was amazed at your plaid stamping! How gorgeous are the colors and hues! Love it so much, Michelle!

T said...

lol you are hilarious. I saw Jen's plaid card too and I commend you for trying the technique with DIY stamps! I totally wouldn't do that... especially now after I've heard TWO people say how rough it was! I think the extra layer adds a lot, and to be honest I had no idea it was two layers until you said so.

Gayatri said...

Wow! Love both the cards, Michelle! Love your plaid stamping card. Great work there:)

Tara Cardwell said...

a plaid smiley face - what a BRILLIANT idea! :-D

Sue said...

Very sweet heart card, Michelle! Love the soft colours you've used, very pretty. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS. Sue x

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh wow, both amazing cards, for sure! The first with the grid heart is sublime. And your plaid totally makes me "smile!"

Jocelyn Olson said...

The plaid stamping is amazing! I don't know why I shouldn't look at it up close (I did, and it still looks good to me). The smile at the bottom cracked me up--I love it! Your heart card is so pretty! I like the twine with the mesh of the heart. :)

Aimes said...

Love the use of the envelope pattern on your first card - you really hit that Tuseday Trigger!
Your plaid stamping is amazing too!
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs!
x