Monday 25 February 2013

PDCC#170 and Papertrey Ink February Blog Hop

Hello!

Another weather update. I think I prayed too much for rain to break the unrelenting heat yesterday. It has been pouring down all day, and I think we've had more than 20cm (6-7 inches) of rain today (the pool is overflowing). The rain would have been beautiful if I didn't have to make my way through it to get to and from work!

Tonight I bring you a card for Papertrey Ink February Blog Hop, where we've been given the theme "Marvelous Monograms". I have actually made two cards, they are a matching pair, for friends who are celebrating their birthdays soon. They are husband and wife, and the cards are masculine and feminine of the same design. Tonight I'm putting up the BOY version, and then tomorrow I'll post the GIRL version when I link these up to the PTI Blog Hop (which goes live right in the middle of my beauty sleep). :-)
I used Lovely Layers and Think Big Favourites #13 stamps. The letter "A" is from the Block Alpha lowercase dies. 

The colour scheme I took from The Play Date Cafe Challenge #170.
Thanks for coming by to visit! I'll be back in the morning with my second card. ;-)

Michelle
xxx




15 comments:

~amy~ said...

super fun monogram card!

Joyce said...

What a fun and colorful monogram card.

Suzanne Russell said...

Ooh! Michelle, I love the use of Lovely Layers behind the initial. Delightful card. :)

Leigh Penner said...

This looks so cool, Michelle! I love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Very pretty Michelle.

Taheerah said...

Both of your cards for the Hop are awesome but I am really drawn to the bold colours of this one - great card Michelle! Thank you so much for leaving some love on my blog before - sorry it's taken me so long to pop over and visit yours! :-)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your stamping on this! Just GORGEOUS!

Kristii said...

What a fun card!! love the stamping and the colors are fabulous!

~Tammy~ said...

So fun! Love the use of the PDCC colors here!

Darnell said...

A stunning design, Michelle! Such a mod flower monogram in those colors!!

(Sorry about the deluge! If it ain't one thing, it's another!!)

Jacquie Southas said...

Such a different idea for a monogram card - love it!

Kelly Griglione said...

Love both of these cards, and the background you were able to create for your monogram!

Shay said...

Fantastic card! You nailed both challenges and this will make the birthday boy very happy. Love everything about it and so excited that I have Limited Layers finally coming my way. Thank you for the inspiration.

Veronica Z said...

Your card is fabulous! I love your bright,bold colors! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

Greta said...

Great design for this monogram card!