Monday 10 March 2014

A boy card

Hello!

A quick post for a quick card tonight. I played with my new die Papertrey Ink Text Block: Birthday. This has to be the quickest way to make a birthday card! This card was made for a friend of my daughter's. He's an 11 year old boy, so no bling or flowers allowed. ;-)
The tricky part was figuring out how to stick down the little pieces. I have come to the conclusion that I need a Xyron. The patterned paper is Stampin' Up! It's current, but I forget it's name...

Tonight I baked banana and raspberry cupcakes for the kids' afternoon teas. I usually make banana cake, but I was short on bananas, so I added raspberries to bulk out the fruit content. Oh YUM! :-)

Thank-you for coming by to visit!

Michelle
xxx

8 comments:

Barb said...

Raspberry and banana - yum!

Love your card, Michelle - fun colors and design with such cool results!

Tracey McNeely said...

Perfect card for an 11 year old, that die is so fun and easy to use. The banana and raspberry cupcakes sound delish!

Darnell said...

Ah, geez, thanks for that. Now I'm drooling and hungry!! I think your card is a fabulous design for the boy, Michelle!! Have a great week! Hugs, Darnell

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a fabulous card, Michelle! I love the diagonal stripes behind your inlaid die cut...beautiful color combo, too!

Jen W. said...

Perfect for a guy! I'd have been saying a lot of bad words trying to stick that together! LOL! And those cupcakes sounds super yummo!

Leigh Penner said...

This is fabulous, Michelle!

Kim Heggins said...

did I read about afternoon tea??? and now I am too late to join you...so sad. Your card is amazing, another die I need to pull out and play with, thank you for the amazing inspiration!

Joyce said...

This is fabulous. Love your two solids and the patterned paper behind. I think I just got that paper, too. From SU.....hmmmm. Anyway, get a Xyron--you will not regret it. I don't know if you have Michaels, but if you do and you have a coupon, they are not too bad.