Sunday 9 March 2014

A little bit of sunshine

Hello!

I have made another one-layer card. Stretching my one-layer thinking prior to starting Online Card Classes, Clean & Simple #3. This one was for my Mum's birthday this week. She loved it!
I used PTI Doodlie-Do stamps. Colours are Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils. I added SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the centres of the large flowers, adding a little extra texture and interest.

I'm entering this into:
Make It Monday - add texture to one-layer cards, 
One Layer Simplicity - just add water,
and Cure For The Monday Blues - I couldn't resist the yellow :-)
I'm a little tired today. My eldest daughter had a friend over for a sleepover last night. They were great, but... My littlest girl decided she should have a sleepover too... in my bed... in my space... sigh!

Thanks for coming to visit!

Michelle
xxx




15 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle I love your card for Taheerah's challenge and Doodlie-Doo needs to come home to me.

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!! :)

Barb said...

Oh, Michelle, those flowers are so pretty! Love the colors and the bit of sparkle you've added!

Joni Andaya said...

Beautiful Michelle! Love the yellow...perfect happy card :0)

Sian Ridley said...

Oooh, this is beautiful!!! It's super sunny and it's making me feel all warm :) I'm not surprised that your Mum loved it! :)

Marybeth said...

Michelle this is a breath of sunshine ! One layers are fun because we seem do do more stamping. Hope you get some rest.

Darnell said...

This is really pretty, Michelle. You got so much depth on a OLC and you nailed the Cure challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. I'm pinning it--I am in love with this new set. And, it looks fabulous with those water color pencils. Aren't they the best? Oh, can't wait to see you in class tomorrow.

Deepti said...

So very pretty :) the design of the stamps really stands out with these colors!

Taheerah said...

This card is awesome Michelle! I love those brightly coloured blooms and the composition is brilliant! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Michelle! I can't wait for this class to start!

Lynn said...

I hope you were able to get some rest! Love the shimmer on your card Michelle.

~amy~ said...

LOL, hope you were able to nap!

This is lovely!

Barb Ghig said...

Another gorgeous card, Michelle! I'll bet your mother really loved it, especially with all those pretty yellow flowers!
I hope you'll be able to get some rest now!

Kim Heggins said...

this is just too darn cute!!! I have to have this set now, just so fun!