Sunday 2 March 2014

Thank-You Berry Much

Hello!

I found a little time this week-end to play at my craft table. It seems that everyone is on a watercolour theme this week! I made a card that mixed the watercolour background of Make It Monday with the inspiration photo over at Taheerah's blog for Cure For The Monday Blues. I used the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch.
I created my little watercolour panel by washing watercolour paper with water and then brushing over PTI Melon Berry and Berry Sorbet Inks. Then I white embossed the strawberries (PTI Strawberry Patch). I added the sequins to pick up some of the sparkle from the inspiration photo.
I also found some time to go out into my back yard and let my chickens have some free range time. I had my dog on the leash, because she seems to think that the chickens look like fun playmates. I'm pretty sure the chickens aren't keen on playing with a bouncy dog. ;-) The chickens are now 8 weeks old and they have grown!
This is Daisy and Peggy, our light sussex hens.
And this is Ozzie. Ozzie is our shyest chicken and I don't usually capture her in photos. This one was a bit of a miracle!  Ozzie is a Black Australorp hybrid (mixed with Isa Brown).

Thanks for coming to visit!

Michelle
xxx

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the chicken pics...and your water color card is gorgeous Michelle!

~amy~ said...

WOWZA...awesome take on the sketch. LOVE the colors!

fun pics:)

Shona Chambers said...

Fantastic take on the sketch and the 'Monday Blues' photo. How did you do the strawberries? Did you emboss these? And what is the paper you put them on? They look incredible and love the pink colour with the hints of black. I'm just about to try out a card myself for both of these challenges. Always find I leave it to the last minute..... And thanks so much for your comment on my blog 'Twine Around', luckily no one else came down with the tummy bug here. You poor thing, I hope your feeling much better! Have also subscribed to your blog by email, your cards are fantastic and can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

Taheerah said...

Thank you so much for entering my challenge Michelle! I was so happy to see you link up! I love how your soft watercolouring evokes the feel of the glitzy tablecloth and the pink flowers. Great addition of the black stripes and sequins too! Thank you *so* much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...I love your sweet chickens and how fun that they all have adorable names too. Now on to your amazing card...this was a set I passed on first time around but after seeing your gorgeous card, I will be adding it to my wish list...so sweet.

Unknown said...

Beautiful watercoloring with PTI inks...love the subtle color combo.So cute to see your chickens!

Deepti said...

Water color BG looks gorgeous n those chickens are cute :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, your card is fabulous, Michelle! Wonderful take on the sketch!