Sunday 16 March 2014

Clean and Simple 3 - Day 3 - Stamp Layering

Hello!

Today I sat down to play with Laura Bassen's Stamp Layering technique from Day 3 of Clean & Simple Card Making. I didn't have a big, bold sentiment like Laura, so I had to improvise a bit. I made my background from PTI Sentiment Signs repeat stamped in Mama Elephant Blush. Then stamped my sentiment, and then everything else around it.  Using pigment ink gives a different effect to using dye inks with this technique, and while it is different, I still like it.
Stamps are PTI Ruby Rose and SentimentSigns. Inks are a mix of pigment inks from Mama Elephant and Memento Luxe.
Tonight I'm going out to dinner with one of my lifelong best friends who I have not seen anywhere near enough over the past couple of years. We live around the corner from each other, and yet our busy lives often mean we don't see each other, crazy! I'm really looking forward to a couple of hours together with our families.

Thanks for coming to visit me. No chicken or dog photos today... perhaps next time. ;-)

Michelle
xxx

5 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, wow! This turned out awesome, Michelle! Laura's layered stamping has been a favorite of mine in this class and you've used the perfect stamps and colors for it! Beautiful card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle I am loving your layered stamping--great colours!

Tenia Nelson said...

WOW!!! LURVE this!!

Unknown said...

I just love the stamps that you layered here and the gorgeous color combo, too! Beautiful card!

Wida said...

this is so layered even though it's a one layer (you're forte) :)