Tuesday 4 March 2014

Sunshine and Happiness

Hello!

I have a card for One Layer Simplicity, Virginia's View, and for Curtain Call.
This card was quite tricky! I usually do my watercolouring on watercolour paper. This time I just painted directly onto my regular cardstock (PTI Basic White). My card ended up a little warped, and the solution was to run it through my Big Shot (no dies, no impression plates, just the card with a rubber mat and the regular plates). It worked! My card was ironed flat. :-)  Stamps used were Mama Elephant Party Kit and So Breezy. Inks were PTI Melon Berry and Berry Sorbet. Sentiment was white embossed.

I have wanted to use these sentiments in this way since I first got So Breezy. I can't believe it's taken me this long to find a way to do it!

One Layer Simplicity calls for us to Just Add Water.
Curtain Call is Perfectly Peach.
And Virginia's inaugural challenge gives us lots of watercolour inspiration. Virginia tells us she misses Tuesday Triggers. I do too, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what inspiration she brings us as the challenge grows. :-)
Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx



7 comments:

Lynn said...

So whimsical and all around fun Michelle.

Robin K. said...

Love the depth the water coloring gave to your fun one layer design! And thanks for sharing your tip about running your card through your big shot - I'll definitely try this! Have a great day:)

~amy~ said...

awesome...love the mix of sentiment! Thanks for the ironing tip too :)

Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call :)

Virginia L. said...

This card sure screams HAPPINESS!! I love love the brush strokes that you had achieved with water-coloring! Thank you, Michelle, for the wonderful support! So happy that you join the fun with me!

Deepti said...

Lovely !!

Marisol Benitez said...

Love the idea of running the card through the machine to flatten it!

Gayatri said...

That is one great tip, Michelle! Love the watercolour background, emboss resist. Beautiful card.