Tuesday 11 March 2014

Clean and Simple 3 - Day 1

Hello!

It's Day 1 of Clean & Simple Cardmaking #3 - One Layer Cards. At the beginning of class there was a note for us "purists" (I think they were talking to me) about the various definitions of a one-layer card. I've revised my definition for this class to be "flat card". The exciting part of this new definition is that I'll have MANY more options when making cards. :-) It also frees me up for nights when I really don't have much time to craft (which is most nights) but want to make a card for class - sometimes one-layer can take a LOT more time!

We were shown three techniques today, and I've used one of them so far. The technique I chose was die-cut inlay as demonstrated by Debby Hughes (who I adore). I didn't stray too far from Debby's design due to lack of time to consider my design options. I will definitely explore this technique further, it's so effective!
I'll probably bling this one up later on. Tonight it's after bedtime, and my blinging can take me quite a while! I have used PTI Sweet Speech dies, Wonderful Words: Friends stamp and die. Paper is SU! Watercolour Wonder. Card is SU! Smokey Slate and PTI Basic White. Ink is Mama Elephant Smoke.
And before I go, another picture of my chickens. I have heard chicken-owning bloggers calling their hens "fluffy butts" and I used to wonder what they were talking about. It turns out that chickens really do have fluffy butts, lol!
Thank-you for coming by to visit!

Michelle
xxx

12 comments:

Kara said...

awesome card michelle!!

Barb said...

Wow! Such a cool card, Michelle! Love the colors and patterns!

Lynn said...

Michelle, all those patterns are awesome. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Neat way to demo technique from class, really enjoying following your blog!! :)

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job on your inlaid die cuts, Michelle! I love the mix of patterns, too!
Thanks for the pic and 'lesson' on fluffy butts...learn something new every day :-)

Kim Heggins said...

so adorable Michelle...I have been subbing this week and can't wait to have time to watch and play along too. After seeing your card may need to stay up late just to get caught up. So fun!

Shona Chambers said...

The cards is amazing! You did the die-cuts perfectly and love your colour combo. Well done!!

Dana Joy said...

Fabulous card! Don't you just love our "homework" assignments. LOL

Jen W. said...

Okay, everyone is really making me regret not signing up for this class. This is gorgeous! And the fluffy butts gave me a big belly laugh! :D

Joyce said...

I thought I saw you in class yesterday. You were in the back, throwing spitballs at the boys, right? Love love this technique and your card. It's the only one I've tried so far as well. I also did not stray too far from Debbie's design. With Debbie, what would be the point?

Debby Hughes said...

Hey Michelle, so happy to see you playing along! Love the mix of patterns and solids :)

Luckysmom said...

Love your card and your fluffy butt chickens.