Sunday 16 March 2014

Clean and Simple 3 - Day 5 - Iron-Off Embossing

Hello!

I'm slowly working my way through the Online Card Class Clean & Simple #3. I am so glad that the format this time has two days per set of techniques. It allows us slowpokes to keep up, sort of. I still have lots I'd love to try. But time is not on my side at the moment, so I am thrilled to at least make one card for each set of techniques! I am definitely being given plenty of inspiration, so I will be kept happily experimenting for quite some time.

This card uses masking and the iron-off embossing technique. Jennifer demonstrated the iron-off embossing technique with watercolouring. I like that, but for this card, I used sponging of distress inks, a bit of water splattering, and a little distress paint in bronze. The colours are not ones I'd usually use together, but I wanted to make a card with a bit of visual impact, so I got experimental with colour. It reminds me of a picture of space.

The beauty of the iron-off embossing technique is that it makes my card super flat again, no matter how I treat it while making it, lol! I'm definitely recruiting the iron for future card making endeavours. Lucky for me, the iron has stopped steaming and my husband (the ironer) desperately needs a new one, so I may just have a "craft iron" waiting for me to claim it... just as soon as I get to the shops to buy that new iron. ;-)
Stamp is PTI Wonderful Words: Hello. Inks are Distress Inks Walnut Stain and Broken China. I also used Versamark and clear embossing powder, but they were ironed away.
This card was inspired not only by Jennifer's work, but also by Joni's card over at CASE Study. Isn't it amazing?
Edit to add: I linked up to One Layer Simplicity also, where Just Add Water is still open.

Thanks for coming by to visit me!

Michelle
xxx

5 comments:

Barb said...

Your card looks so cool, Michelle! Love it! I'm liking the new class format too. So nice to have two days to try the techniques!

Unknown said...

Very cool! Love the background you created. I've been hesitant to try that iron-off technique from class, but now that you've brought up how it flattens out your card, that might just be incentive enough for me to give it a go.

T said...

ab.so.lute.ly. ah.may.zeeing!!!!!!!!!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE this!!!

Deepti said...

gorgeous inking :) love the colors u picked!!