Thursday 30 June 2011

Box card - Happy 18th!

Hello!

Several weeks ago, before I fell ill, I was in the process of responding to two challenges.  One was Just Add Ink fussy cutting challenge.  The other was a colour challenge at Colour Q.  At the Just Add Ink challenge site, I saw one of the design team member's examples and it grabbed my attention immediately. I was inspired. Take a look at Liam's box, it's so cute! The actual tutorial for the box can be found HERE.

Well, needless to say, I never did get the challenge entry in, but I did finish the box in time for my niece's 18th birthday party.  It was a hit.  I was so pleased with the reactions to this card, it made all the hard work worth it!  :-)

Unfortunately I forgot to take my photos before we wrote in the card, so photos are limited, and I've had to "spray paint" out some of the names where they were visible.  Regardless, I still want to share, to show you some of the work!

There were lots of firsts in this box for me.  It was my first box card.  It was my first ever flower creation (boy was it hard to get that rhinestone in the middle of the flower!):


So here is the box:

Take the lid off, and it falls open to this:

There are 18 little candles each individually stuck down in one of the squares. That was probably the most tricky work I had to do, other than thinking of designs.  I wasn't happy with how the cake turned out, but it's not too bad. LOL.

So I hope you like it. I'm sorry I didn't get many photos to show of the individual squares, but you get the idea. 

What do you think?

Michelle
xxx

No comments: