Friday 19 August 2011

Girly & Gutsy, and maybe a little Sexy. . .

Hello!

When I saw the Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World this week, I had an idea almost immediately formed in my head in response.  I worked away at it yesterday and came up with a card that when my husband saw it, he said, "Oh yes, that is one sexy card! Is it for me?"  Now, to put this comment in context, usually when I show my hubby my cards he makes non-committal "Mmmm" sounds, or says something like, "That's nice." This time, it was a BIG reaction, LOL! I'm still giggling 12 hours later.

The trigger photo is this one:
In my card I have tried to set the scene with the swirly carpet, the black table, the sparkly light fittings, I even put candles on my table. Under my sentiment I have stamped a starburst to represent the chandelier at the same time as representing the framed mirror.  Here it is:

What I used:
Candlesticks, starburst, and yellow paper are all Pink Paislee Soiree.
Pink card is Pretty in Pink.
Black Swirl is SU Jumbo Wheel "So Swirly"
Black Ink is Memento Tuxedo Black, Pink Ink is SU Pretty In Pink
Sentiment is SU "Best Yet"

This card is not really my usual style, but I'm enjoying it.

What do you think?

Michelle
xxx

7 comments:

Annette Allen said...

very cute card... perfect for the trigger this week..

Sian Ridley said...

Ha ha! My other half is exactly the same! 'That's lovely dear' is about as good as it gets! Well done you!! :)

I really like how this card has the same balance as the the inspiration photograph. You'd never know it wasn't your style, you've done it really well :)

VanessaB said...

love it! :)

Jingle said...

Your card is wonderful!

Marlena M. said...

Lovely! ;)

Darla Weber said...

Very nice!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Super pretty card! Love the papers you used!