Thursday 17 May 2012

For Your Inspiration #30

Hello!

It's time for another For Your Inspiration challenge. Challenge number 30, to be precise. The inspiration photo at first glance was tricky for me, but then I thought about it for a while, and ideas started jumping! This is an AWESOME inspiration photo and the DT have done AMAZING things in response to it.

Take a look:
Sitting here in my jacket and scarf, I totally start daydreaming of summer while looking at this picture.

I'm in Brisbane (most of you know this) and we have fairly mild weather most of the year. This autumn it has been as warm as summer, well as warm as summer somewhere else (Summer in Brisbane is really HOT). Autumn hasn't really hit. This week we skipped past autumn and went straight to winter. Morning temps are quite cool (about 8 celcius/46F) and we have no heating, so getting out of bed is a challenge!

Anyway, back to the challenge! I had an idea formed, but I really needed a layout and I couldn't think one up myself in this instance, so I went where I knew I would find a great layout - Mojo Monday. This sketch is for Mojo Monday 241.
I love this sketch, I think I'll use it again.

In the end, this is how my card turned out.
I'm in love with this card. It turned out even better than I imagined!

Card: crumb cake, pumpkin pie, early espresso, apricot appeal (retired)
Ink: early espresso
Stamps: PTI Turning a New Leaf, Pretty Peonies
Other: PTI buttons, Sizzix dots embossing folder, twine, Spellbinders circle dies, SU! square punch (for the ends of the banner)

The DT have done some seriously awesome things with this inspiration. Please take some time to browse their creations, because I promise you'll be inspired.

Vicki

I'm looking forward to seeing your responses to this photograph, too!

Michelle
xxx

11 comments:

Flutterby Creations said...

Beautiful card- love the colour combo and that sketch is great- think I might have to give it a try!

Kate
Xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

I love this card Michelle - you're interpretation of the photo and the sketch is fabulous.
Have a happy day - Sylvia xx

Karen M said...

Your card is just gorgeous - I love your colour combo! We have had a real cold snap here in tassie too....lots of snow on the mountains...brrrr! I dread the cold mornings too:) Stay warm, hugs x x

Sara Mac said...

Absolutely gorgeous Michelle! Just perfect for the photo and sketch. Using the swiss dots folder offers such a great touch.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous job with both the sketch and the photo!

You have NO heat??? OMG -- I would never make it! :)

dstandard said...

Your card is just gorgeous - I'm going to have to smarten up and put everyone's link when I upload mine!

Jenny said...

Just gorgeous Michelle, you've captured the warmth and tranquility of the photo. It's warming up here now but not quite at those temperatures :0)
Jenny x

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Michelle - this is beautiful. I love the colors !!!

Michellem said...

Absolutely perfect! LOVE the cluster of buttons and the dotty texture in the background!

Geri said...

WOW!!! I really don't need to say more !!!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous, Michelle! Love that simple silhouette. I wouldn't want to get out of bed in that temperature either! LOL!