Wednesday 8 May 2013

Muse #16

Hello!

I received the most awesome little package in the mail today from one of my blog friends. It held chocolates, stamps, and a gorgeous card. The chocolates are ones that are not available here in Australia, and I was curious about how they would taste. Now, I'm not really a chocolate person, but I was wondering about these ones, and today I tasted Turtles for the first time... they are DELICIOUS! I gave one to my little girl and she announced, "I LOVE American food!"  For those of you who don't know, Turtles are pecans and caramel covered in chocolate, a perfect combination!  So to my friend, I say THANK YOU, your thoughtfulness really made my day.
I used PTI Sentiment Signs stamps, and Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments (stars). The star dies are WPlus9. Twine is Caribbean by The Twinery. The border is washi tape. Colours are SU! Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Memento Tuxedo Black, and PTI Hawaiian Shores (patterned paper).

My card was made for Muse Challenge #16, where the Muse is Laurie Willison. Laurie is an amazing card maker who truly is one of my muses every day. I adore her work. Laurie's card is this one. I kept the red card base, and the basic layout, making minimal changes in my own card.
And now, it is time to get some beauty sleep.

Thank-you for visiting!

Michelle
xxx


12 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh yum! I love turtles! Your card is a fabulous CASE of Laurie! Love all the stars.

Barb said...

I LOVE turtles too! We actually sell them in the floral department where I work and they are not easy to resist! Enjoy them, Michelle!

Love your beautiful take on the muse card! The stars look awesome! :)

Ardyth said...

Oh wow! I never think about places where Turtles (and the ear-wormy jingle) are not available (they're even better when they're home made!) But I bet you have great stuff that we don't have here, too! Love how you used the layout but changed the theme and feel of the Muse card! Thanks for playing along!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh I love Turtles. When I was teaching my students knew I did and at Christmas I always ended up with boses of them. You card is such a perfect play on Laurie Muse card!

Joyce said...

Love your card--such a great take on the muse card. And, turtles are great--I forgot about them--it's been ages.

Kristie W. said...

Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. I am new to your blog and really like your style!

This is a great CASE of the Muse card. I never know how to use tags but I like how you did.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow, what you did with those stars is so stunning. A fabulous take on this week's inspiration card from Laurie. Such a fun and festive way to say thank you!

anja curvers said...

Really great card I love your style and yes my playdate card was isnpired by your card. I'm so sorry I didn't mention it but I saw it I think on pinterest and kept it in mind but didn't know it was yours otherwise i would have said it and thank you for the inspiration . Next time i'll mention it.

Shelly said...

Such a lovely card!! :) Bold and bright...it's perfect!

Wishcraft said...

Fab bright colours and love the stamps you've used. Gorgeous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Karen M said...

Your card is just gorgeous michelle - I really love the stars in the background - hugs xx

Anonymous said...

such an eye-catching card - I love the tag! We don't have Turtles either in the UK - sounds like we are missing out!!