Sunday 25 August 2013

Dynamic Duos #67

Hello!

Last week I was checking in from Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast where it was so sunny and warm that the kids were swimming and we all got a little sunburned. This week we've gone to the opposite extreme and as you read this, we are in the Snowy Mountains enjoying some snow play and (hopefully) a day of skiing. We've snuck away for a long week-end away! :-) We have a day in Canberra, and then two and a bit days in the Snowy Mountains. I'm predicting that I'll be exhausted and a little sore in the muscles when I return to work on Tuesday, LOL! This is the first time our littlest girl has seen snow, and our big girl doesn't remember the last time we saw snow (8 years ago). Luckily for us, the dismal snow season has turned a corner in the past couple of weeks, and they're predicting that this week-end will be the BEST snow week-end of the season - that is blue skies and fresh powder. I hope the forecasters are right. (Secretly, I wish we were going for two weeks instead of two days, shhh!)

Why I'm really here, other than to burst with excitement over my little holiday (can you tell it's been a while since we did something this exciting? LOL!) is to show you my card for this week's Dynamic Duos Challenge #67.
I used PTI Snowflake Flurries in Berry Sorbet and Melon Berry with a touch of Soft Stone and Fresh Snow.

I think this is the first time that I have used Snowflake Flurries as actually snowflakes! Such pretty snowflakes they make, too!
The team have made such pretty cards this week, really worth the visit.

Thanks for coming by to view my card (and to listen to me ramble)!

Michelle
xxx

11 comments:

Janet's Joy said...

Have a great holiday!
Love your card!!

Kara said...

lovely, Michelle!

Susie W. said...

Wow Michelle...stunning card. Love it!

Unknown said...

This is stunning Michelle!! Xx

Sherrie M. said...

Beautiful card....love the snowflakes in their various shades.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your snowflakes look great with the different shades and almost remind me of a spirograph from years ago!

Joyce said...

I just love all the different ways I have seen you use this snow flurries set. Add this card to the list of pinned projects.

Tracey McNeely said...

Those snowflakes get me every time, soo beautiful!!

Kim S said...

What a surprising and absolutely fantastic use of the colors!

Dave_Jess said...

Great combination Michelle, thanks for commenting on my blog also. Jess

AB. said...

A beautiful creation as always! You are so clever to have made such a strikingly gorgeous Christmas card from these colours! xx