Friday 30 May 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch 78 - a little bit of snow

Hello!

Often when I start making a card with a sketch as an inspiration, I stick really close to the sketch. Sometimes I wander happily away on a little tangent. I think that may be what I've done with this week's card for CAS(E) This Sketch, lol! I started with water in mind and ended up with snow!
I used Mama Elephant stamps Merry Greetings and No Peeking. I added some buttons and sequins to finish it off.
It should be Winter here in Australia right now. Instead we're experiencing the hottest Autumn on record in Brisbane, and the temperatures are still high. Today was like Summer. It's crazy. My eldest daughter exploded this morning with, "Where is Winter? I love Winter! I love cold weather! It's too hot!" I agree with her. Tonight at 10pm it is 25c in our home with all the windows open. Too hot even for the doona, sigh!

Speaking of doonas, it's really time for bed! Thank-you for visiting. I hope you can spare some time to visit the rest of the CTS team ---> see over on the sidebar for the links, and then I hope you also find a little extra time to make a card and join in the fun!

Catch ya later!

Michelle
xxx

14 comments:

tonyamaries said...

This is beautiful! The clear buttons are perfect on this!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful take on the sketch, Michelle! I love the soft shades of blue and gray with all of your sparkly accents!
I hope your weather improves soon :-)

Sara Mac said...

Wonderful take on the sketch Michelle. I love the delicate lines of the falling snowflakes. I don't know about you but I never want Winter to come so extra warmth sounds great to me:)

Shelly said...

So pretty!

Aileen said...

Great card Michelle. Love all the aspects, that Twinkle all the way so goes with the snowflakes. Cant argue with you about the weather either. Im in Sydney and missing that cooler weather too. Makes you wonder if the seasons are swapping places!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet & pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch, Michelle!

I Card Everyone said...

So, so pretty... I'm saving this idea for Christmas, Michelle-2-Ls =]
Michele

Lee-Anne said...

So simple and so gorgeous, Michelle! Love the soft colors...just a perfect Christmas design!

Chrissy Larson said...

Just perfect! I love the simplicity of it. Gorgeous!

Jenny said...

I love those soft delicate flakes falling and their trails x

Darnell said...

Your twinkling snow cascade is a divine interpretation of the sketch, Michelle! I do you have cooler, more wintry weather there soon!! Hugs, Darnell

Just Me said...

love your card so dainty looking ... thank you for sharing.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

fab use of the sketch! The buttons and sequins are perfect!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Michelle,

Sorry to hear you are sizzling over there - we are just starting our summer here, a nice mix of even temps, nice breezes and everything still green. Hope it cools down for you.

Your card is darling, like the simplicity of it - the slowflakes delicate.

Blessings,
Barb