Friday 31 October 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch 98 - sweet yellow roses

Hello!

I've just returned from the BIG end of year All Strings Concert at school. They had string ensembles from Junior School through to Senior High School - nine ensembles in total. The theme was "A Night at the Movies" and the music played was all from movie scores and they had clips from the movies playing on the big screen at the back of the stage. It was AWESOME! Both my girls played violin - my little one (who's in Grade 1 at school) in the beginner Junior School ensemble and my big girl (Grade 6 at school) in the top Middle School ensemble. This concert is one of the highlights of our musical year. :-) It's always bittersweet because we say good-bye to our Grade 12 kids who are graduating, and we always think we'll never be able to live without them, and then the next year there are MORE awesome Grade 12 kids. ;-)

Anyway, the reason I am here is this week's CAS(E) This Sketch challenge! Another amazing sketch to work with, this one by Gayatri.
I used PTI The Sweet Life and Altenew Label Love stamps.
Thanks for coming by to visit me. I hope you can find some time to join in the fun this week! I'll be looking for you in the gallery!

Michelle
xxx


15 comments:

Barb said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Michelle! Beautiful take on the sketch and your yellow roses look amazing!

Susanne Vargas said...

I adore your bright and sunny card! So pretty!

Leigh Penner said...

Looks like you and I were on the same wavelength with our floral cards, Michelle! I love yours -- it's so pretty!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Michelle. Love your colours and layout. Perfect

Lynn said...

Oh the visual of the concert sounds absolutely amazing! How awesome. And your card is beautiful. Love the colors and split panel.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Michelle, this is so very beautiful! We're in the Fall of our year so these roses are just a treat for my eyes!
I played the cello when I was a child... the darned thing was way bigger than I and I had to carry it 3 blocks for lessons! Suffice it to say, I never got very good at it... but still love the strings the best! Good going, girls!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, it works beautifully for the sketch xx

Betty said...

beautiful card, Michelle - those stamps are one of favorite sets to use - love it!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love it! And it certainly sounds like an awesome concert! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning card and those amazing roses in yellow...they just melt my heart, so beautiful.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning card and perfect take on the sketch!

Kelly Latevola said...

Oh my sweet Lord, I am completely, totally, head-over-heels, in love with this card!! Those flowers are spectacular Michelle!!

Nora Noll said...

Can you say stunning? I LOVE this card. The colors, the interpretation of the sketch, the sequins-everything. Fabulous, fabulous design!!

T said...

I need a different word for gorgeous. Gimme a thesaurus. Lovely, awesome, ridiculously beautiful.